Monday, December 8, 2014

New meal plan

HELLO! Happy Monday. Today is a busy day for me, so I am making this my rest day for my workout plan (its usually Sundays, but I worked out yesterday to make up for today!).

This is my new meal plan for next week as of right now....

Breakfast:1/3 c oats, 1 T flax seeds, 1 T chia seeds, 1/4 c raspberries, & water (drink lots of water when you wake up!)

AM Snack: 1 scoop of plant fusion protein powder blend with 1 c. of vanilla unsweetened almond milk

AM snack 2: 12 almonds and 1 apple

Lunch: 1/2 c egg whites, sauteed onions and peppers, & 3 oz of a sweet potato (measured cooked)

Snack: celery, carrots, & 2 T of peanut butter

Dinner: chicken stir fry (chicken breast and vegetables of your choice: I use onions, peppers, broccoli, & zucchini)

If you are still hungry between meals munch on fresh vegetables!

Grocery List:
Oatmeal
Flaxseeds
chia seeds
raspberries
egg whites 2 lg. cartons
Protein powder
2 unsweetened almond milks
vegetables for inside of omelet: onions, lots of peppers, & mushrooms
5-7 sweet potatoes
1 package of celery
1 bag of carrots
1 jar of natural peanut butter
28 oz chicken breast
vegetables for stir fry: peppers, zucchini, onion, broccoli)
1 bag of almonds
7 apples

Here is are photos of the meal plan in the app called "Lost it"




As you can see on the top right picture it give the breakdown of all the fat, carbs, and protein you have consumed for the day. It also gives you the percentage of each. The app allows you to enter your height, weight, and activity level. It determines your calorie needs to a day based on that information.

I am trying out different levels of protein, carbs, and fats to see how my body responds. Last week's and this week's meal plan incorporated a lot of protein which helps keep me full longer, but I also have been craving sweets.This week I have incorporated more fruits (carbs) to ease my sweet tooth.

I wanted to refresh my memory on my iifym calculator from a pervious post. Here is the link again: IIFYM calculator

These are my results:


Based on these results: my calories should be 1471 for the day. I am a little under with my the current meal plan I made by around 300 calories. This calculator says I need 113.4 g of protein and according to my meal plan I still need 21.4 g of protein. According to the calculator I should have 141g of carbs. In my meal plan I have 105 g. So I would need 36 more grams of carbs. According to the calculator I need 50.4 g of fat. In my meal plan I have 41 g. of fat. I would need 9.4 more grams of fat.

Based on these results I could adjust my meal plan to meet these needs. I could add another protein shake to meet my 21g more of protein need. I could add 12 more almonds to meet my fat need. I could add a banana to meet my carb needs.

My goal for this post was to help you understand how I plan my meals according to my needs. Comment below if you guys have any questions for me. I would be happy to answer any!

Time to go take another final!

Later taters! <3









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...