Monday, October 19, 2015

Cassava Flour Cookies

Hello cupcakes! I'm back again and I have a new recipe to share with you.

I wanted to share a new cookie recipe with you guys! I used cassava flour to make these! 

Cassava Flour Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 c cassava flour
1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 c of sweetener of choice* 
2 T chopped walnuts or other additional add-ins such as raisins, coconut, enjoy life mini chocolate chips, etc

Directions: mix all ingredient and scoop on to a panache the lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-15 minutes. 

Makes 7 cookies

*I used Walden farms pancake syrup for this batch of cookies. Walden Farms is not paleo because it is sweetened with sucrose, but I think everything is okay in moderation. I usually don't consume artificial sweeteners so one time won't kill me. For a paleo version of the cookies you could sweeten with honey or date paste. If you don't care about eating paleo, brown sugar is another option.  Next time I make these, I am going to make an all paleo version for you!

Here is the nutrition for 1 cookie (recipe makes 7) using Walden Farms Syrup. Stats will change a bit with different sweeteners. 

P.S. My youngest sister made the plate the cookies are on and it's pretty much adorable!

Later Taters!

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...