Saturday, October 8, 2016

{Mini Banana Protein Muffins}* Low Carb, High Protein, Low Calorie

The baking continues...

Guess what!? I may have perfected the mini muffins today. These were too good not to share with you. I like them better than the Mocha Muffins I made yesterday. Plus, the macros are even better!



Per one mini muffin: 53 calories, 3.1 g fat, 2.1 g carbs, & 4.6 g protein!

This post is going to be short & sweet because I am studying for an exam I have to take tomorrow. I know I told you all I would post about a transformation, but that is going to have to wait until later because I want it to be detailed & informative.

{Mini Banana Muffins}

Ingredients for Muffins:
1/2 c almond flour
1 scoop Quest Banana Protein Powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 T flax meal
1/4 c unsweetened almond milk

Ingredients for Frosting:
1/2 scoop Quest Banana Protein Powder
1 T greek cream cheese
1 T plain, nonfat greek yogurt
1 T unsweetened almond milk



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients for muffins in a bowl. Mix until combined. 
Place 12 mini muffin liners in a mini muffin pan.
Spoon the batter into the muffin liners.
Place the muffin pan in the oven & bake for 8-10 minutes.
While the muffins cool, in a bowl combine all the ingredients for the frosting.
Mix until combined.
Once the muffins are cool, frost them with frosting. 




I topped mine with freeze dried bananas and strawberries (keep in mind this will change the nutrition of the muffins slightly if you top them with something).

*Makes 12 mini muffins*


ENJOY!

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...