Sunday, November 19, 2017

{How to Stay Fit & Healthy While Traveling}

Hello cupcakes!

Let's jump right in...

How to Stay Fit While Traveling:

1) Plan ahead-
Things to think about while planning ahead: will you have access to a fridge, microwave, etc? Will you meal prep or go to the grocery? Will the place your staying serve complimentary breakfast? Pack any supplements and/or vitamins you take. My go to: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, Nuzest Protein Powder, Fish Oil, Glutamine, Probiotic, Calcium, & Health Warrior Bars. 

2) You can save money by going to the grocery store instead of eating out every meal- 
If you get a per diem through work, you can pocket that money. I was able to save up to buy myself new work clothes with the money I saved. For example, if you eat at Wendy's and get a grilled chicken sandwich and a large drink it is about $7 (my go to if I need to get fast food). OR you could go to the grocery and buy a tuna packet, a banana, and a cucumber for around $3. 

3) Don't make excuses-
It is so easy to make excuses while traveling. I will be 100% honest, it is harder to eat healthy and stay fit while traveling, but it is also 100% possible to continue your healthy lifestyle. During my full 2 months of travel, I only ate out 3 times. Once was Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich, another was tacos in downtown Chicago with my co-worker, and brunch egg burritos with another college representative that became a good friend on the road. Those were the only times I ate out. It could have been so easy to say, "Oh I got to my hotel late, I don't feel like going to the grocery. Maybe I will go tomorrow." Excuses! Same goes for working out. There were days when I worked 10-12 hours, but still found time to get at least a 30 minute workout in at my hotel. If it is important to you, you will make time for it!

4) Get creative with your workouts-
I always travel with my resistance bands because you never know if there will be enough equipment in hotel gyms OR if the hotel will even have a gym. For the most part, most hotels now-a-days have hotel gyms. Resistance bands can enhance a workout in so many ways and you can use them with little space. Some of my favorite moves while using the bands- hip thrusts, sitting hip abductions, side lying abductions, donkey kickbacks, fire hydrants, band pull apart, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, etc.

5) Ask the front desk if they can bring up a fridge/microwave if there isn't one-
simply go to the front desk and ask the front desk if they have any in the back that they can bring up to your room... I did this 4 separate times during my travel season. The worst they can say is no.

6) Lastly, don't stress-
If you don't maintain your fitness or nutrition goals for a day, simply move on with them the next day. I feel like when people dwell on the negative, the negative cycle continues. Notice the negatives, notice how your body feels when you don't exercise or eat healthy, then get right back on track!


Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...