How amazing does that mug cake look? Well, I will tell you more about that in a bit. First, let me start off by saying I am amazed by a company I recently came across on Instagram. It's called Vital Proteins. They offer three different products:
2) Beef Gelatin
Let me walk you through each product & the benefits of each...
Collagen Peptides have amazing health benefits. Did you know that our ancestors ate a diet full of whole animal nutrition. This means their diets were abundant in collagen. In our modern society, food processing eliminates a lot of natural & healthy protein from food products. The effect is our bodies are missing out on collagen which is the basic building block for skin, hair, nails, bones, & joints.
Collagen is the protein that forms connective tissue in your body. If you were to use Vital Proteins' Collagen Peptides, here is what they would help with:
- tighten loose skin
- helps improve cellulite
- helps improve joint recovery
- supports skin, hair, & nail growth
- improves digestion
- promotes relaxation & a good night's sleep
- can help heal your gut
- can help with food allergies, celiac disease, Crohn's disease, Colitis, & IBS
- can help improve dairy digestion for people who are lactose intolerant
- combats inflammation
Many of you know I have had many stomach problems for a couple years. Eating a Paleo style diet definitely helps, but I would also like to help heal my gut from years of eating chemicals, artificial ingredients, sugar, and other chemicals. I'm so excited to continue to use this product. I also love that there are no added ingredients to the collagen peptides.
You can mix Collagen Peptides into cold or hot liquids without them gelling up. They are also odorless and tasteless. Here are some ideas for using them: smoothies, juice, water, tea, coffee, oats, pancakes, waffles, cookies, protein balls, sauces, etc. They are really versatile which is another reason I love them! There is 18 grams of protein per serving.
Beef Liver Capsules
Another great product. VItal Proteins uses pasture-raised, grass-fed New Zeland beef. Liver has so many health benefits & is packed with Riboflavin, Zinc, Cooper, & Choline. Here are so other benefits of including these capsules into your daily routine:
- Excellent source of high quality protein
- Most concentrated source of Vitamin A (that's found in nature) that plays a critical role in bone growth, reproduction, & immune health
- Abundant in all the B vitamins, especially B 12. Vitamin B 12 keeps your nerves and red blood cells healthy
- One of the best sources of Folic Acid which is important for women wanting to conceive
- Highly usable form of iron
- Contains trace elements such as Cooper, Zinc, Chromium, & Choline
- High amounts of CoQ10 which is a nutrient loaded with antioxidants that a person's body uses to produce energy for cell growth & maintenance.
- Lastly, liver is a good source of purines that serve as precursors for DNA & RNA
Vital Proteins' Beef Gelatin will gel up in cold liquids. For this reason, it it ideal for hot preparations. You can add it to soups, broths, sauces, or gravy. It will be higher in protein as well as help thicken those things up. You can also use it for baking or to create things such as mousse, ice cream, pudding, yogurt, meatloaf, fruit gelatin, or healthy gummy snacks. Some people like to use it in herbal teas or frothy butter coffee.
There is 17 grams of protein per serving.
The health advantage of this product is that it takes longer to digest. This means it coats the small intestine & is helpful in gut healing diets (GAPS, AIP, or SCD).
Vital Proteins also uses Non-BPA air-tight canisters. They also ensure high quality products due to their hermetically induction sealing technique. This prevents moisture and oxygen from entering the canister.
One thing I love is that Vital Proteins offers FREE shipping on all U.S. orders & there is no minimum quantity. Score!
Check out Vital Proteins' Blog for some recipe ideas.
Here is Vital Proteins' FAQ
I have teamed up with Vital Proteins to offer you all a giveaway:
(1) 20oz Collagen Peptides + (1) 120-count Beef Liver Capsules
That's a $77 retail value
Follow the link below to enter
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Follow the link below to enter
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Here is a mug cake I made using Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
Vital Proteins Mug Cake
- 2 eggs
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- sprinkle of Salt
- 1/2 c. Organic Gemini Tigernut Flour
- 1/4 c. Cassava Flour
- 1/4 c. Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 c. Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 scoop of Nuzest Protein, vanilla (use code: "ToriF" for 15% off)
Mix all the ingredients together. Spray a coffee mug with avocado oil spray. Scoop 1/3 of the mixture into the mug. Microwave for 45 seconds. If the mug cake is too runny, cook for an additional 10-15 seconds. Scoop the mug cake out onto a plate. Continue this process until you have 3 mug cakes.
- 1 scoop of Nuzest Protein, vanilla
- 1-2 T. Smucker's Simply Jelly, Blackraspberry
- 1-2 T. Unsweetened Cashew Milk
Mix all ingredients together. The topping should be the consistency that you can drizzle it on top of your mug cake.
I also topped mine with Essentially Coconut: Creamy Cashew Coconut Butter, bananas, chia seeds, hemp seeds, unsweetened coconut, and a dollop of Justin's Almond Butter.
"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."