Wednesday, February 24, 2016

{Healthy, Protein Packed Cupcakes}... or muffins

Hello cupcakes!


I have a fun new recipe to share with you. I can't decide if they should be cupcakes or muffins ahah! So if you make them, let me know what you think in the comments below. For now I am going to call them Cupcakes ;)
Healthy Cupcakes
Ingredients for cupcakes:
Ingredients for protein frosting:
  • 2/3 c. + 2 T. Unsweetened Cashew Milk
  • 2 T Smuckers Simply Blackberry Jelly
  • 4 scoops of  Vanilla Nuzest Protein Powder

Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • Combine all ingredients for the cupcakes in a large bowl
  • Place muffin liners into a cupcake pan
  • Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners- Should make 9 cupcakes
  • Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
  • Meanwhile, create the protein frosting
  • In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the protein frosting.
  • Once the cupcakes are done baking, take them out of the oven and let them cool
  • Once the cupcakes are cool, frost them with the protein frosting




-Macros per cupcake without frosting:
131.3 calories
5.8 g. fat
12.3 g. carbs
8.3 g. protein

-Macros for protein frosting (9 servings):
31.4 calories
.2 g fat
2.4 g carbs
4.6 g. protein

-Macros for cupcake + frosting (9 Servings)
162.7 calories
6 g. fat
14.7 g. carbs
12.9 g. protein


Had to get some pictures with my lovely roses in the background


These cupcakes were so fluffy. I love adding the protein frosting to the top to bump up the protein content. I also love how purple the jelly makes it!


I will be snacking on these the rest of this week between my meals.


Here is what the inside looks like:


YUM!

Cupcakes you can feel good about eating?! Sign me up! These would be perfect for an after school snack for kids or even part of a healthy breakfast.

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...