Thursday, April 9, 2015

Healthy Cookie Recipe

Good morning cupcakes!

Since this week has been so stressful, I decided to bake last night. Baking helps me get my mind off everything going on (and my do too!). I love experimenting in the kitchen and coming up with healthier alternatives to treats. Last night I made cinnamon raisin cookies which could easily be substituted as chocolate chip cookies or whatever add ins you want.

Cinnamon Raisin Cookies

Ingredients:
-2 eggs
-1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4  tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
-as much cinnamon as you like, I didn't measure but you could try 1-2 tsp and add more if you like
-2 cups of brown rice flour
-as many raisins as you like, I like a lot so I probably added 3/4-1 cup of raisins

Directions (I like to use a food processor, but you could easily mix by hand)
In a food processor, combine first 5 ingredients. Once thoroughly combined, add in brown rice flour and process until dough is mixed and formed. Add raisins and pulse for a short time until they are distributed throughout the dough. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and drop spoon fulls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake in the oven 375 for 10-12 minutes. ENJOY!

These cookies are pretty delicious and healthy. I would love to feature people's recreations of my cookies. So, if you make them.... comment below and I will feature your creation on my blog!

Later Taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...