Saturday, May 30, 2015

Start of the Whole30

Good morning cupcakes!

Today I decided is going to be day 1 of my Whole30 which I explained yesterday in my post (link here: Whole30 post). I went grocery shopping yesterday and I am going to meal prep tomorrow for the week. This morning I made breakfast and packed lunch.

Breakfast: 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, 1 banana, and hot lemon water before eating

Lunch: lean ground turkey sauteed with peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I topped it with some avocado slices

Dinner: grandma is cooking a pork loin, and corn (which I cannot eat on the plan :( it's tough because I LOVE sweet corn). Hopefully she will have some other veggies to go with it.

Snack: Fresh fruit, sweet potatoes and almonds

Today I am also going to get all of my 10,000 steps in. So far, since I have had my Fitbit I have reached my step goal everyday! WHOO!

I took before pictures yesterday and will take after pictures at the end of the Whole30 to show you all how much food plays an important role in your health. In graduate school I do not have as much time as I would like to workout (I still get my daily steps and workout videos in), so eating plays a crucial role. I also found out when I am stressed, it tend to eat... which is bad! So this challenge will help me see how important it is to put healthy food items and the right amounts of food into my body! Now some of you may be thinking.... but Tori you already eat healthy. Well, yes I do eat healthy but I also allow myself treats and consume way too many almonds and cashews. During the Whole30 I am not allowed to make "healthy treats" meaning making things like cookies, bars, pancakes, etc with Whole30 approved ingredients. That will be a struggle for me because I always make healthy cookies and treats for myself. I have found when I make these treats, I eat too many of them during those stressful times I mentioned earlier.

So there you have it! My reflection on my start of the Whole 30 along with my meal plan for Day 1!

Later Taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...