Sunday, November 15, 2015

Meal Prep Week 4

Hello cupcakes!

This weekend I drove to my parents' house to spend the weekend there. It's nice to visit home and hang out it a big house rather than my apartment.

Here is my weekly meal prep! This picture shows 5 days worth of food except for my breakfast (egg whites) and my fruit for high carb days. 
This is the seasoning I like to use on my meats and vegetables. There is no sodium or sugar in this flavor. I also love the garlic and herb & the onion and herb. 


Here is a generic brand of Mrs. Dash. I like this one because it has a little kick to it.
Here are some chicken breasts cooking in the oven @ 425 degrees. I lined a pan with foil and placed the chicken breasts on top. Then I coated the breasts with some Mrs. Dash seasoning. I cooked them for about 30 minutes (or until they are no longer pink on the inside)

Another thing I love about coming home is all of the food in my parents' house! My parents grow potatoes in their garden, so of course I took full advantage of that! Here are some potatoes from the garden. 
I sliced the potatoes and put them on a foil lined baking sheet (makes clean up easier). Next, I placed a few teaspoons of coconut oil on top of the potatoes. I sprinkled them with Mrs. Dash seasoning and baked at 425 for 20 minutes or until tender. I like mine to get a little crispy. One of my tips is to cook a protein and vegetables at the same time. For example, I cooked the chicken breast and potatoes at the same time in the oven. 
I also prepped some asparagus. Place asparagus spears on a foil lined baking sheet. Top with coconut oil and Mrs. Dash seasoning. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until tender. 
I decided to make some tilapia to change up my protein game. Here is my tilapia on a foil lined baking sheet with Mrs. Dash seasoning. Bake @ 425 for 15 minutes or until cooked through. 
Zucchini time. I sliced up some zucchini and placed on a foil lined baking sheet. I sprinkled it again with Mrs. Dash... can you see a pattern here! Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until tender. 
Here is the finished product all measured out and placed into containers. Each day is a column so from left to right columns its high carb, low carb, high carb, low carb, low carb. I will be adding egg whites to each day for breakfast. I like to eat those right after I cook them. I will also be adding almond butter to the low carb days and 1 apple and 1 banana to the high carb days. 

I also ran out of chicken, so that's why there are two days with eggs instead (towards the bottom of the picture). 
This weekend I made a stop at Earthfare (near my parents' house) and found Whole30 approved bacon! I have been looking for this stuff everywhere! Of course I had to fry it up when I got home...
It was kind of expensive, but how could I pass up this opportunity?! I love bacon!

Here was my breakfast Saturday morning. 
Like the Disney Princess plate? My parents still have all of these plates from when my sisters and I were little. I love using them!

So here is a little catch up from last week as well:

Here was a meal I took to work with me: 4 oz slow cooked chicken breast, 4 oz. sweet potato, 4 oz oven roasted peppers and onions. How cute is this? I love how it looks in a mason jar. This was a meal from my high carb day.

This is one of my staple breakfasts. I love it soooo much! This is 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 cup egg whites, oven roasted garlic zucchini, and homemade cold brew coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
I found this lovely water at Meijer. It is Whole30 approved!
I also had to buy Watermelon!
Another one of my favorite things during the Whole30 is tea. I am obsessed with Celestial brand. Here is the most recent one I purchased. It literally tastes like a sugar cookie. There are no sugars or artificial flavors! Score. I also really like the Peppermint, Watermelon Lime Zinger, and the Caramel Apple.

I am a huge gum lover. I know that most brands use lots of chemicals and artificial sweeteners, so I found this brand. There are only healthy and natural ingredients. This box has 6 packages in it. I purchased it off Amazon. There is also a coffee flavor that I am dying to try!
Here is a progress side shot. The left was last week and the right was before this round of Whole30. I am starting to see more ab definition! I am less worried about the number on the scale and more worried about seeing ab definition. I also judge my progress by how my clothes fit.

My goal for this upcoming week is to drink more water. I have been slacking this week.

What's your goal for this week?

Peace out.. Later taters!

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...