Monday, January 11, 2016

Gluten Free, Dairy Free Cinnamon Rolls

Good morning cupcakes,

I want to share a new recipe with you! Friday I made some gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and soy free cinnamon rolls. I've been wanting an "as close as possible to normal cinnamon rolls" recipe. This one is the closest I've gotten to a normal cinnamon roll. It can be hard when you have food allergies or an intolerance, so I hope this helps some of you out! 


I've been seeing some posts on IG about Bob Red Mills Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix Cinnamon Rolls. Kroger had some of this mix when I went grocery shopping in my hometown. Here is the back of the mix:


I adapted the recipe a bit to fit my own personal needs. So here is my version:

Dough Ingredients:
-1/4 c coconut oil
-1/4 c honey
-2 eggs
-Yeast packet
-1 T sugar of choice 
-1 c warm water
-3 1/4 c GF Pizza Crust Mix
-Extra mix for dusting 

Filling Ingredients:
-Cinnamon
-Date Lady Syrup
-1/4 c coconut oil

Frosting Ingredients:
-1/2 container of So Delicious Coconut Vanilla Yogurt
-Honey
- 1-2 scoops of Nuzest Vanilla Protein Powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add 1 T of sugar of choice to warm water (I used honey). Sprinkle the yeast packet on top of the water and let sit 5 minutes. Cream together the coconut oil and sugar for the dough. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure to blend in completely.

Add the yeast mixture to the coconut oil/egg mixture and blend. Add the pizza crust mix; blend two minutes. Heavily dust a two foot long sheet of wax paper with the gf pizza crust mix or rice flour. Spread the batter over the length of the wax paper; about 19 inches. Using warm water, wet your hands and press the batter outward to fill the sheet. Keep your hands wet. Once the batter evenly covers the wax paper, brush melted coconut oil over the batter from edge to edge. 

Sprinkle cinnamon over the dough to your liking. I used A LOT of cinnamon! Probably 4-5 T of cinnamon. Next, drizzle the dough with Date Lady Pure Date Syrup. Here is what it should look like:


Pick up the short end of the wax paper and begin carefully rolling the batter over itself like you would a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 1 inch pieces and gently place the disks into a 8X8 greased pan. It is okay to crowd them. 

Let the rolls rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool until the filling stops bubbling. Here is what the rolls look like after baking:



To make the frosting, stir together the coconut yogurt, protein powder, and honey to taste. Spread/drizzle the frosting on top of the cinnamon rolls. 

 Makes 8-12 cinnamon rolls. 


I also made some of a fellow BBG girl's  (Kim) Whole30 turkey blueberry breakfast sausage. I had this for breakfast one day with my oven roasted potatoes & Teami Skinny Tea. 

Here are some links for the ingredients used for these Cinnamon Rolls:

NuZest Clean Lean Protein, Smooth Vanilla, 1.1 pounds (Amazon link) or Nuzest (actual product website)

Also, do you know all of the wonderful benefits of cinnamon? To find out more, check out this post by Nutri Inspector: 23 Health Benefits of Cinnamon


I've been on a salad kick! This one had cabbage, grapes, avocado, homemade dressing, and homemade coconut crusted chicken. I also read all of the Fifty Shades of Grey books over Christmas break. 


Here is another breakfast I had: zoats! (Not Paleo or Whole30 because of the gluten free oats I used). 


I hope you enjoyed this post. I get so excited to share new recipes with you! Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...