Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"Manly Food": Bacon Jam Stuffed Jalapeño

Hello cupcakes,

My boyfriend calls this "manly food", so I thought it was a clever title for my blog post. I made these stuffed Jalapeños for New Year's Eve. They were such a hit. They were the perfect combination of spicy and a hint of sweet from the Bacon Jam. This recipe is so easy and is only 4 ingredients. Here is a link so you can buy yourself some Bacon Jam: Bacon Jam

Ingredients

  • Bacon Jam
  • 1/2 package of bacon
  • Jalapeños 
  • 2 avocados




Directions: Start frying the bacon (or cooking it in the oven). Slice the Jalapeños and scoop out the insides. Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the seeds. Slice the avocados into strips or pieces. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Once the bacon is cooked, break into pieces. Start assembling the stuffed peppers by spreading some bacon jam into the pepper. Top the Bacon Jam with a piece of bacon. Cook the peppers in the oven until soft (15-20 minutes in my oven). Take them out of the oven and top with avocado slice.  


Here is what they look like when they are finished. 


I also cooked up some Paleo biscuits to use the rest of the Bacon Jam, bacon, and avocado. 


There are also some other flavors of Bacon Jams: Red Chili & Garlic, Black Pepper, & Bacon BBQ Sauce, Bacon Caramel Corn, Bacon Salt, and Bacon Infused Maple Sugar. Here is the link: Bacon Jam Gifts. These would be perfect for the men in your life. 

How would you use Bacon Jam? Let me know in the comments below. 

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...