Sunday, January 31, 2016

Weekend Trip to Indy

Good morning cupcakes!

Yesterday my roommate and I made a trip to Indy. We called it our "self care" trip. It is easy to get burnt out on grad school, work, etc. so making time to do something fun is a must! We've been eyeing a place in Indy (Indiananpolis, IN) for quite some time. The place is called Rocket88 Doughnuts. This place caught my eye because they have vegan doughnuts. As most of you know, I am lactose intolerant which means I can't have regular doughnuts. Vegan doughnuts are made with out any dairy products, so of course I had to try it out. It's been ages since I've had a doughnut. If you would like to check out where some of their locations are or the menu at Rocket88, follow this link: {Rocket88 Doughnuts}

I ended up getting two doughnuts: Vegan Maple Pecan & Vegan Chai. I had the Maple Pecan while I was at the shop with some friends. 


Check out this {BEAUTY} though! It was to die for! I enjoyed every second of this. My roommate and I are starting another round of Whole30 Monday so we were joking that this was our last supper before going hard core without sugar. This doughnut was so light and fluffy. The combo of maple and pecan could make anyone drool. One tip, if you are going to get doughnuts from Rocket88, I suggest going in the morning if you want the full selection of choices. When we got to the store, there were only a select few left. We went around 12pm, and the store closes at 2pm. My suggestion, go early! Go when they open!


There is also a vegan doughnut shop in San Diego, CA that I am going to have my boyfriend take me to when I visit him for spring break. It's called Donut Panic. How cute is that name though? Here is the link to their site: {DONUT PANIC}.

I believe in {BALANCE} in life. 

I balanced out my doughnut with some green juice from Trader Joes. I knew I would need some nutrients in my body to make up for all that sugar in the doughnut. I also knew I wouldn't be eating a meal until I got back to my apartment later in the afternoon. We went grocery shopping at Trader Joes while we were in Indy. 



My roommate and I shopped for our first week of Whole30. Here are some things I bought while I was there:

-Mushrooms
-Zucchini
-Brussel Sprouts
-Baby Potatoes
-Purple, Red, and White Potatoes
-Bananas
-Greens for Salad
-Chile Lime Chicken Burgers
-No Salt Creamy Almond Butter
-Tea
-Eggs
-Almond Meal
-Green Juice

My meal plan went out the door when Trader Joes did not have acorn squash or cauliflower rice. So I threw stuff together for a meal plan with items that looked good in the store. I will post a full meal prep recap tomorrow, so stay tuned for that!

We also ate breakfast with my grandparents and cousins at a place called {Le Peep} in Indy. We knew we were getting doughnuts after breakfast, so we ordered sides. Katie got 2 scrambled eggs and sausage. I got 2 sunny side up eggs with lean ham. Everything tasted great & my family's meals looked bomb! Once again, life is about {BALANCE}. 

If you know you are going to indulge in something during the day, eat healthier the rest of the day! 

I hope you all are having a great weekend. I am excited to show you my meal prep for Whole30!

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...