Thursday, January 21, 2016

Meal Prep and Recap


Hello cupcakes,

It has been a busy start to my second to last semester of grad school {Oh that feels so good to say!}.

I wanted to share with you some meal prep I did this past weekend.

Check out this lovely apple "stuff" I made. I was trying to come up with a clever name for the recipe, but my creative juices are lacking today. Anyways, the recipe is super easy and helps with cravings. 

Healthy Apple Skillet

Ingredients:
  • Apples, sliced
  • Cinnamon
  • Coconut oil
  • Raisins
  • Pumpkin seeds


Directions,

In a skillet, heat coconut oil. Once the pan is heated, add the apple slices (I used four apples) and cinnamon to your preference. I like a lot of cinnamon on my apples. I just sprinkled it on, so I am sorry if you like exact measurements. Once the apples have started to get soft (make sure to stir frequently), add the raisins and pumpkin seeds. Cook until the apples are tender. 

Another thing I prepped was EGGS! Who else LOVES eggs? I used my new Flavor God Extra Spicy seasoning and let me tell you what... it was amazing. I don't know if I will be able to make eggs without it!




I also prepped some white sweet potatoes. I used my Chosen Foods Avocado oil and Flavor God Everything seasoning. I just cut the potatoes up and place them in cold water. Drain the potatoes, and add to a baking sheet with oil of choice (I prefer coconut or avocado oil for cooking). I bake the potatoes at 400 degrees and stir after about 15-20 minutes. Then continue to cook until potatoes are tender.



I also made some with this seasoning.



I used some Apple Chicken Sausage (whole30 approved) to make some salads. These salads had tigernuts, trail mix (fruit and nut mix), homemade whole30 approved dressing, & baby kale.



As many of you know, I have been trying to get workouts in even while I am on crutches. This is a picture of one of my workouts in my apartment gym. My roommate and I like to go bright and early in the morning around 5:45 am. It feels great to still workout during my recovery process. I hope I can bounce back quicker than my surgery on my other foot.



One morning last week I brought my eggs to work with me. Who else lives out of their tupperware during the week?



I am in love with the frozen (plain) stir fry veggies! Here was one of my sides for dinner {with Flavor God seasoning of course}


Monday we got snow here in Indiana. My roommate and I decided to do BBG arms and abs in our bedrooms instead of braving the cold to walk to our gym. 


I hope you all have a fantastic Thursday. I will have some recipes coming your way this weekend!

Later Taters 
"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...