Monday, January 8, 2018

{Lactose Free Biscuits and Gravy}


Hello friends!

Today I am sharing a BOMB recipe with you: Lactose Free Biscuits and Gravy!

Let me tell you what, it's been a hot second since I have indulged in some biscuits and gravy. When we scheduled a friends breakfast buffet, I knew I had to try to recreate the classic.

Here's how to do it-

Ingredients for Gravy-
2-4 cups of Lactose Free Milk (I used Aldi 2%)
ground pork
salt & lots of pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
2-4 T of Anthony's Goods Arrowroot Flour (or flour of choice)

*I am still trying to perfect the biscuit recipe, but here is what I had for this round...*
Ingredients for Biscuits-
1-1 1/2 c. lactose free milk (2%)
1 T lemon juice
2 cups of Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour
2 T Anthony's Goods Arrowroot Flour
Sprinkle of Pink Himalayan salt
2 tsp baking powder
3 T of Earth Balance Vegan Spread

Directions for biscuits-
1. In a small bowl, add the milk & lemon juice. Let this sit to create buttermilk. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, add dry ingredients to a bowl. Stir until combined. Next add the vegan spread and cut the spread into the dry ingredients (I used a fork) until crumbly. 
3. Add the milk mixture and stir to combine (you can add more flour if too runny or add more milk if dough is too dry).
4. Pull out dough onto a floured surface and form into a round disk. The dough should be about 1 inch thick.
5. Use a glass or cookie cutter to cut the dough into circle. Place the cut dough on a greased baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used.
6. Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted coconut oil and then bake for 20 minutes. 

While the biscuits are baking, you can make the gravy. 

Directions for gravy-
1. Cook the pork in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Break the meat into pieces with a spatula while stirring meat. 
3. Once cooked through, add 2-4 T. of arrowroot powder. Stir to cook.
4. Once the flour turns golden, add 2 cups of milk. 
5. Turn the heat to low and add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste. I used A LOT of pepper. 
6. Cook on low until the gravy thickens (about 10 minutes). You can add more arrowroot powder or milk to your desire. 

I am actually eating some of these biscuits and gravy as I type this up!

Enjoy!


Later Taters
"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...