Tuesday, January 30, 2018

{Breakfast Casserole} Paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free

Hello cupcakes!

Here is a new healthy breakfast casserole recipe for you! This is my breakfast for Week 1 of my 12 week challenge. It's Paleo, Whole30, Gluten- Free, & Dairy-Free.


Ingredients:
1 1/2- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
1-2 T in Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
Salt/Pepper
1 lb. of lean sausage
1 red bell pepper, diced
12 large eggs
1/4 c. milk of choice
Handful of spinach, chopped
4-5 green onions, chopped



Directions:
In a cast iron skillet (mine is Lodge Cast Iron), saute sweet potatoes in avocado oil over med-high heat. Cook until they sear a bit on the outside. Place the cast iron skillet with sweet potatoes in the oven, covered with foil, at 400 degrees while cooking the rest of the ingredients.

In another skillet, cook the sausage with the chopped bell pepper over medium heat. Cook until the sausage is cooked through. Meanwhile, crack the eggs in a bowl. Add the milk & salt/pepper and whisk the eggs until incorporated.

Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and decrease heat to 350 degrees. Stir the sausage mixture into the sweet potatoes in the cast iron skillet. Add the spinach and green onions to the top and dump the egg mixture over everything. Cover the cast iron with foil.

Place the cast iron back into the oven and cook for 40 minutes. Take the foil off the skillet and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.

This made enough for my 5 breakfasts and 3 of my fiancé's breakfasts.

I am also trying out intermittent fasting. This basically means I am not eating any food in the morning until 10-12pm. I am going to listen to my body and break my fast when I feel I need to. I will stop eating food around 7pm. Other things I am having this week: lots of water, a protein smoothie, an apple, and possibly a few other things. I may also include one other full meal for dinner.

Later Taters!

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...