Tuesday, January 2, 2018

{Instapot Coconut Yogurt}


Hello cupcakes!

Let's talk about the Instapot! I am completely obsessed with mine and I just got it for Christmas. I have made Mexican Shredded Chicken, Pulled Pork, Cilantro Lime Brown Jasmine Rice, and Coconut Yogurt. I have tried to make homemade coconut yogurt so many times before and it never has turned out well. 

GUESS WHAT?! It turned out amazing in my Instapot! I want to share the recipe with you because we all know dairy free yogurt is NOT CHEAP at the store. So let's get to it...

Ingredients:
2 cans of full fat coconut milk 
*(I bought mine from FreshThyme and it is their brand)*
2 Tablespoons of raw honey
3/4 Tablespoon of Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
2 Probiotic Capsules (This is the brand I use)

Directions:
Add the 2 cans of coconut milk to the inner bowl of the Instapot. 
Stir until the milk is smooth and incorporated. 
Set the Instapot to the Saute setting. 
Heat and stir the milk until it reaches 180 degrees (I used a candy thermometer).
Once the milk is 180 degrees, remove the inner bowl from the Instapot.
Remove 1 cup of the milk and stir in the beef gelatin& honey.
Pour the milk/honey/gelatin mixture back into the Instapot bowl.
Let the milk cool to 90 degrees. 
Once the milk is cool, add the powder of 2 probiotic capsules.
Stir to combine.
Add the Instapot bowl back to the Instapot.
Select the Yogurt function and set for 9 hours. 
Add the lid to the Instapot and let it sit for the 9 hours.
Once the time is up, scoop the yogurt into containers. 
Refrigerate overnight to make the yogurt thick and creamy!

I scooped out some yogurt and added bananas, Quest Nutrition Cinnamon Crunch Protein Powder, and homemade granola that I made in our Air Fryer! This is on repeat for breakfast this week!

Happy Tuesday Friends!


Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 

*Adapted the recipe from: Instant Loss Coconut Yogurt Recipe*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...