Monday, February 5, 2018

{Almond Dip/Spread}

Hello cupcakes, 

While my fiancé and I were in San Diego, our friends introduced us to Bitchin' Sauce. I knew I had to try to make my own!


Here's how I did it:

Soak 1- 1 1/2 cups of raw almonds in filtered water for 12-24 hours

Drain the almonds and add to a food processor. Process the almonds until ground. Next add: 2 T Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, 1/3 of a lemon juiced, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp Tajin seasoning (or chili powder), 2 T nutritional yeast, 1 T Liquid Aminos, sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt, 1/4 c +1 T water. Blend everything until smooth. 



I made this BOMB breakfast sandwich using the Almond Dip. It's super easy: I spread the Almond Dip on a piece of REAL sourdough (read Lil Sipper's Blog Post) and topped it with an over easy egg & avocado. Under the toast, I put the arugula mixed with olive oil. 

I also took this dip to a friend's dinner and we dipped pretzels and wheat thins in the dip. 

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...