Thursday, February 22, 2018

{Naked Nutrition Review}

Hello cupcakes!

Today I want to share an honest review of Naked Nutrition. I will be reviewing 2 products: Naked Pea Protein & Naked BCAAs.



"Naked BCAAs are the highest pharmaceutical grade, fastest dissolving, and rapidly absorbed Branch Chain Amino Acids available. Studies have shown that BCAA supplementation improves strength and muscle development, speeds recovery, and increases endurance for men and women at all fitness levels.**"~ Taken from Naked Nutrition's website

Here are some details about the BCAAs-
-There are no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors
-Vegan, soy free, gluten free, and GMO free
-Includes L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, & L-Valine (3 branch chain amino acids or BCAAs)

Other ingredients: 
Natural flavors, sugar, sea salt, citric acid, sunflower lecithin, and fruit & vegetable juice (for color)

L-Leucine 2500 mg
L-Isoleucine 1250 mg
L-Valine 250 mg

Macros: 
35 calories, 0 g fat, 6 g carbs, & 5 g protein

Price: $34.99
Servings per container: 50
Affordability: 8.5/10
Taste: 9/10
Stir ability: 9/10

My thoughts-
I actually am loving this product. I have a 40 oz travel tumbler and I fill it up every morning for my 1 hour drive to work. I will add 1 scoop of the Naked BCAA's and a few drops of water flavoring. I drink the whole 40 oz during that hour. Once I get to work, I eat my breakfast. I feel like the Naked BCAAs help hydrate me and fuel my muscles since I wait to eat until I get to work. The flavor also helps me drink more water. This is why I gave the flavor a 9/10 & it does not taste artificial like some brands I have tried in the past. The powder stirs into my water very well. I am a little hesitant with the serving size per container. I use the scoop that came with the powder, and I don't know if there are truly 100 servings. I think I should measure the 5 grams out of the powder instead of using the scoop if I want to get the most servings out of the container. If you truly get 50 servings for $35 that's only 69 cents per serving which I feel is a good deal. I would totally buy these in the future if my budget allows. I want to mention here, supplements are just that! They are supplemental to your diet and fitness. They are not needed, but can help aid in your progress/recovery. 


"Yellow pea protein powder is an excellent source of dietary protein for vegetarians and vegans that cannot use animal / milk based proteins."~ taken from Naked Nutrition's website

Here are some details about the Pea Protein-
-Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and soy free
-No artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors
-27 grams of protein per serving
-only ingredient is yellow pea protein 

Price: $54.99
Servings per container: 76
Affordability: 9/10
Taste by itself: 5/10
Stir ability: 7/10
Texture: 7/10
Adaptability for recipes, etc: 8/10

My thoughts-
I am not a huge fan of the flavor or texture of the pea protein. I have found that if I create recipes with it, then I can consume it. For example, this past weekend I made a pizza crust using pea protein and it was actually really good! Naked Nutrition also have a gluten free pizza crust recipe. Personally, I would not buy this protein to consume as a shake, but rather to bake with or make smoothies with because it covers up the natural flavor of the peas. I do appreciate that it is dairy-free and easy to digest. I also appreciate that there are no added fillers or sweeteners for people who do not want to consume those things. The price per serving is only 72 cents. 

Overall thoughts-
I love the idea of "Naked" supplements because many supplements on the market are not worried about the fillers and chemicals in their products. Props to you Naked Nutrition! The company advertises that they offer free shipping on all orders, so that is also a plus! I absolutely love their BCAA's and I am hoping to try more of their products soon. 

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...