Monday, February 26, 2018

{Aloha Protein}


Hello cupcakes!

I had the opportunity to try out some Aloha Protein and I want to share my honest review with you!



GUYS... I am obsessing over this bar! The flavor is amazing and I am totally in love with the little chocolate chips that are throughout the bar. It's all plant based, so it's vegan friendly. The bar is also dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and non-GMO. Here are my ratings:

Taste: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 6/10
 *$30 for 12 bars, $2.50 per bar*
Ingredients: 9/10
Macros: 8/10
*14 g fat, 20 g carbs, 14 g protein*
It has a pretty good balance of fats, proteins, and carbs & a super good snack to keep you full between meals. 






Now for the protein...

I was able to try the vanilla, chocolate, and banana protein powder. They are all gluten free, vegan, dairy free, soy free, contain no stevia, and nothing artificial. 


Taste: 6/10
Texture: 6/10
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Macros: 7/10 
4 g fat, 10 g carbs, 18 g protein

Notes: 
I made the recipe below using the vanilla protein. Cost is $30 for 15 servings, $2 per serving. Here is an example of the protein powder ingredients specifically for the vanilla protein powder:

Protein Blend* (Pea Protein*, Pumpkin Seed Protein*, Hemp Seed Protein*), Coconut Water Powder*, Coconut Cream*, Coconut Sugar*, Vanilla Bean*, Apple Juice Powder*, Madagascar Cinnamon*, Xanthan Gum, Pink Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin*, Monk Fruit Extrac

* Organic, Contains: Coconut"

Taste: 
Texture: 
Price: 6/10
 Ingredients: 8/10
Macros: 7/10
4.5 g fat, 10 g carbs, 18 g protein
*I have not tried this flavor yet, but I plan to try it this week & I will update this section*


Taste: 8/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 6/10
 Ingredients: 8/10
Macros: 7/10
2 g fat, 13 g carbs, 18 g protein

Notes:
I mixed one serving with 12 oz water & used a packet to create the recipe below. The protein shake I made was a little gritty. The cost is $30 for 15 servings, $2 per serving. The ingredients only scored an 8 because there are a little too many carbs for my liking, but I understand where the carbs came from and why they are in there.  UPDATE: let the protein powder mixed with water sit in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours and the flavor and texture improve! I would rate this flavor 8/10 when it sits for awhile. 

Overall, I like this protein powder since it is natural. I usually prefer protein powder with less carbs since I am counting my macros at the moment, but if my macros allowed I would totally fit this in for the day. It can be a great protein powder to travel with since you get some fats, proteins, and carbs. I like that there are 18 grams of protein. The cost is a little expensive for my preference, but if you are interested in getting a protein powder that is all natural & you have a food intolerance, allergy, or dietary preferences this could be a good option for you!



Now for my fun & macro friendly recipe...

DIY Protein Bites


Ingredients
90 grams of ground pepitas
1 serving of Aloha Banana Protein Powder
1 serving of Aloha Vanilla Protein Powder
1 T of Anthony's Goods Peanut Flour
2 T Anthony's Goods Chia Seeds
1 scoop of Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
1/4 cup of lite maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
1 banana
2 T of chocolate chips

Yields: 12 bites
Macros per bite: 10 g. fat, 10 g. carbs, 7 g. protein

Directions
In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips. Process until all the ingredients are mixed together and a dough forms. Next, stir in the chocolate chips. Add the batter to a mini muffin pan and pack the dough down. Once all of the mini muffin areas are filled, place the pan in the refrigerator to set. Allow the protein bites to harden for about 1 hour. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator. 

ENJOY!

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...