Thursday, February 1, 2018

{Instapot Egg Roll in a Bowl}

Hello cupcakes!

I am engaged and I joined BodyBuilding.com's 12 week challenge. I took my before photos and I will take photos after the 12 weeks. I want to share some of my recipes with you along the way, so that you can see first hand my plan!

This is week 1 of the challenge for myself and this is the meal I prepped for my lunches:

{Instapot Egg Roll in a Bowl}

Ingredients:
2 lbs of lean ground beef
2 T. Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
1/4 c. reduced sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
1/4 c. sesame oil
optional * 5 drops of stevia *
1 cup of reduced sodium beef broth
Salt/pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
sprinkle of red pepper flakes
2 T rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 bags of coleslaw mix (cabbage, carrots, red cabbage)
1/2 pkg. green onions, sliced
1 pkg. of mushrooms, sliced
Optional* cooked rice or cauliflower rice*



Directions:
In an Instapot, add Avocado Oil & ground beef. Use the sauté setting to cook the ground beef. Once browned and cooked most of the way, add sesame oil, soy sauce, beef broth, garlic powder, salt/pepper, red pepper flakes, and rice wine vinegar. Stir to combine. Add 1/2 of the coleslaw mix and green onions. If this does not fit, omit more of the coleslaw and save this for the second pot.

Place the lid on the Instapot and make sure it's sealed. Cook on high pressure for 13 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. Once released, scoop the meat and coleslaw out of the Instapot and into a different bowl. Leave the juices in the Instapot and add the rest of the coleslaw and mushrooms. Return the lid, and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. Add the new Instapot mixture to the previous mixture and stir to combine.

Serve the mixture by itself, with rice, or with cauliflower rice. This is a super low carb meal that will fill you up!

If you do not have an Instapot, don't worry... you can also make this on the stove top it will just change the cooking times. Sauté everything on the stove top in a big pot!

This batch made enough for 5 work lunches for myself and 3-4 lunches for my fiancé.

Later Taters
"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...