Saturday, April 2, 2016

{Salsa, Texas}


Hello cupcakes! 

I hope you are having a wonderful day so far. If any of you know me well, you know I am a sucker for some good chips and salsa! My sisters and roommates used to make fun of me for eating salsa out of a bowl with a spoon. I just love it that much! 

I recently got the chance to taste some award winning salsa.... so you know I was pumped! This brand of salsa is called {Salsa, Texas}.

There are four flavors: Mild, Medium, Hot, and Medium Salsa Verde


I love that there is a variety of flavors. I know I personally like things a little spicy, but my mom cannot do hot things at all. The mild would be perfect for her. 

Mild

This flavor is perfect for people who do not like any spice at all. It has a smoky Texas flavor to it and the tomatoes in it have a ton of flavor. This salsa is on the chunky side too which is a win in my books!

Medium

This flavor is so versatile. I could literally use it on everything! Here are some of my ideas: topping for eggs, topping for taco salad, add to spaghetti squash for a sauce, add to zucchini noodles for a Mexican lasagna, and add to chicken/ rice stir fry. I also could probably eat a whole jar of this with some chips. The medium flavor also has a smoky hint to it and I am completely falling in love with it. 

Hot

The hot salsa was also amazing. I have nothing bad to say about this line of salsas. "A rich combination of fresh vegetables and serrano peppers, fire roasted over a grill, create an incredibly smoky, robust flavor." That is a quote from Salsa Texas' website. I think it describes the flavor of all these salsas. 

Medium Salsa Verde

I love green salsa! This was actually the first kind I tried out of all 4 flavors. This is the perfect amount of spicy. If you don't like super spicy things, you could still eat this. The spicy is not overbearing. 


I topped one of my meals last week with the Salsa Verde and it was heaven. I never wanted this meal to end. I had brown basmati rice, stir fry veggies, and slow cooked pulled pork & topped it with the salsa. Isn't it a beauty?


We are having a game night at our apartment, so this was the perfect snack to set out. I put both the Mild and Medium flavor salsa out with some {Jackson's Honest} Blue Corn Tortilla Chips. Everyone loved it!



To read more about Ron & Denise's story, follow this link: {About Salsa, Texas}

One thing I really enjoy about their website is the link to recipes: {Salsa, Texas Recipes}. There are so many ways you can use salsa!

Comment below and let me know your favorite way to use salsa.

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...