Thursday, March 31, 2016

{Supplements}

Hello cupcakes!

I have gotten a few questions about supplements that I take, so today I am going to share those with you. Let me first start off by saying supplements are not the quick fix answer to losing weight. Supplements are just as the name states, they are used to supplement eating healthy and working out. Nothing is going to work better than cleaning up your diet, eating correct portions, and getting in a good workout.

First I am going to list the supplements I am currently taking followed by some that I recommend or have used in the past. 

L-Carnitine


I just started using this supplement about 1 1/2 months ago. I use the liquid form because it is absorbed better by the body. I take a Tablespoon full of this right when I wake up in the morning. L-Carnitine may help: convert fat into fuel, support enhanced fat loss, and improve workout performance. I have personally noticed a difference while taking this supplement. I have noticed decreased fat especially around my mid section (I've also increased the intensity of my workouts and have been tracking my macros, so it is the combination of these things that are the key).


BCAAs



BCAAs stands for Branched Chain Amino Acids. They may help: promote workout recovery, encourage muscle growth, and support strength and power. I take this powder form. I take 1 tsp and place it in my protein shake to drink post workout. If I could only recommend one supplement, this would probably be it. I have noticed a huge difference in the recovery of my muscles post workout. Before taking this supplement I would be sore for days after my workouts (especially leg day). Since I started taking BCAAs, I am hardly sore at all after workouts. This is my go to and favorite supplement currently. 

Protein Powder


Protein powder is a great source of fuel post workout. I've gone through many protein powders to try to find one that fits my lifestyle as well as my stomach issues. Nuzest is the only protein powder I have found that does not upset my stomach or cause me to bloat up. I use this daily after my morning workouts. I add 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk to my shaker cup, 1 tsp of BCAAs, and 2 scoops of this protein powder. Currently, vanilla is my favorite flavor but I just ordered a few containers of chocolate. This is a clean protein powder & is gluten and dairy free! I also like this because it is sweetened with monk fruit. I also have a discount code, use: "ToriF" for 15 % off your order.

I also love that I can bake with this protein powder. Here are some pictures of some healthy treats I have made using Nuzest. You can search under the tag "Healthy Treats" on my blog for these recipes. 





Fat Burner


I have been taking this supplement for about 1-2 months now. I bought this supplement from Bodybuilding. They are still having buy one get one free on this supplement right now. Here is a link if you are interested: Lean Mode . I take this supplement 1-2 times a day. I take it every morning when I wake up after my L Carnintine. I will also take it 30 minutes to 1 hour before dinner when I remember. It's intended to support: fat loss, appetite control, metabolism, mood, and antioxidant levels. It is rated 9/10 on Bodybuilding by customers. I personally like this fat burner because it is stimulant free. Some of the active ingredients include: Garcinia Cambogia Extract, Green Coffee Bean Extract, CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), Acetyl-L-Carnitine, & Green Tea Leaf Extract. 

CLA


I am not taking this specific supplement at the moment, but it is one of the things included in the fat burner I am currently taking above. I have also taken this supplement in the past. CLA stands for Conjugated Linoleic Acid. CLA may help: support lean muscle, support healthy weight loss, and promote exercise recovery.

Beef Liver


I recently listed the benefits of this product in a previous post: Beef Liver


Daily Vitamin


If you do not eat a wide variety of fruits, veggies, carbs, or protein it may be a good idea to take a multivitamin. This one is made specifically for women. Basically any multivitamin will do!

So this is always awkward for me to post my progress photos. I think it's awkward because I feel vulnerable and exposed, but I like to be real with you guys and help you to realize you can love your body at every stage. I love taking progress pictures for myself. For some reason I always measure my progress by my stomach definition. Below is a picture of my current progress. 


This was a while ago when I had foot surgery and couldn't workout as much. 


This was pre surgery. 


Sorry if these photos make anyone uncomfortable. It's funny to me because I wear bikinis to the beach and don't feel as vulnerable or exposed, but for some reason when I post stomach photos or progress photos I feel like I'm exposing too much skin. I think this is part of the process of learning to love myself and being proud of my hard work and dedication. Does anyone else feel this way? 

I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...