Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Catching up on Food Posts

Good afternoon cupcakes,

Time for one of those posts where I catch you all up on my food from the past couple days. 

I am so in love with drinking my morning cold brew coffee outside. Even if it is just for a few short minutes. It gives me time to think, reflect, and appreciate the little things. I can't wait for the leaves to start changing colors.
One of the things I meal prepped was zucchini noodles. In this picture I am cooking up 1 lb of lean ground turkey, 1 red chopped red onion, and 1 chopped green pepper. I used 1/2 T of coconut oil to cook it in. 
I cut up a few fresh tomatoes from my mom's garden. I am totally going to have my own garden when Cory and I get our own place. I added the tomatoes to the meat mixture towards the end of cooking. 
Once the meat was no longer pink, I placed it in a container to cool while I cooked the noodles. I used my spiralizer to cut up 1 zucchini and 2 yellow sqaush. I cooked them with coconut oil, garlic powder, pink himalyan salt, and pepper. 
Once the noodles were cooked I added them to the meat mixture and stirred. This will make 5 meals for me. 
Here is a picture of a breakfast I had: 2 eggs, green onion, homemade pumpkin cashew butter (recipe here: Pumpkin Cashew Butter), and 1/2 a banana. I topped the eggs with hot sauce
I like making smoothies every now and then. This one had 1/2 a frozen banana, 4 T hemp protein powder, 1/2 tsp spirulina, and 1 c. homemade almond milk (recipe here: Homemade Almond Milk). 
I went camping/trail riding on Saturday with my family. I was hungry before riding, so I had a hard boiled egg wrapped in prosciutto. Why have I never eaten this before?! 
I love bonfires especially in the fall! It was a little too hot for a fire here in Indiana. It has been in the 90's for the past couple days and the humidity on Saturday was 100%. 
This was my breakfast Sunday morning while camping. 
When I got back to my apartment Sunday, I finished up my meal prepping. Here are my eggs I am totally in love with right now!  I used 10 eggs, 2 pieces of prosciutto, chives, and coconut oil. This will make 5 breakfasts for me. 
Here is the finished product. I like to portion out my meals ahead of time. I also added a slice of avocado to each container. I will my eggs with 1/2-1 banana for a full meal. 
Here is another green smoothie I made. It is the same as the other green smoothie in this post except I added some unsweetened coconut on top.

Here is a picture of my homemade pumpkin cinnamon rolls with pumpkin cashew butter on top! These are so good warmed up in the microwave!
Here is the finished product of the zucchini noodles I mentioned above! This is one of my favorite ways to get in my veggies!
My love for avocados.. need I say more? <3
I thought I would add this picture to the end of my post because it is just so beautiful and brings back so many wonderful memories from this summer when I surprised my boyfriend by coming to see him in the Carolinas! This picture was from our Myrtle Beach adventures. 

Well I think that finally covers everything I needed to catch you up on! 

Feel free to comment below! I love interacting with my readers 
.
Later Taters xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...