Monday, March 21, 2016

{Healthy Mint Cookies} + Motivation Monday


Hello Cupcakes!

Today I am linking up with a my friend Maddie Butterfield for another edition of Motivational Monday.


I had a fun weekend baking up all kinds of new goodies to share with you. Today I want to share my recipe for Healthy Mint Cookies. I fell in love with the thin mint oreos over Spring Break, so I wanted to try to create a healthier version. I am still macro counting, so the recipe ingredients are measured using a food scale. You could probably use an online converter to convert the ingredients if you do not have a food scale. 


Ingredients for cookies:
104 g. lactose free cottage cheese
46 g egg whites
1/8 t baking powder
1/8 t peppermint extract
10 g cocoa
36 g coconut sugar
48 g almond flour
11 g arrowroot flour
11 g coconut flour
15 g cassava flour

Ingredients for filling
2 scoops Vital Protein Collagen Peptides
2 scoops Nuzest Protein Powder, vanilla
unsweetened vanilla almond milk


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients for the cookies in a food processor and mix until combined. Next, grease a small baking pan. Scoop batter out & into the pan. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the batter is no longer runny. When you touch the top it should feel "springy." Take the pan out of the oven and let cool completely (about an hour). 

Next, combine the collagen and protein powder in a dish. Add a few splashes of almond milk and stir until combined. You can always add more almond milk, so start off with a little and add more until it reaches a frosting consistency.

Once the cookie part is cooled, use a small tupperware to cut out the cookies. I used a small, round condiment container. It is probably about the size of a half dollar. You can make these bigger if you would like, but the nutritional info will not be the same from what is listed below. My cut out was pretty thick, so I sliced the cut out into two pieces and put some frosting in the middle. I ended up with 8 cookies. 


Nutrition for one cookie:

Calories: 102
Fat: 3.6g
Carsb: 10.2g
Protein: 8.4g


These are so stinkin' cute and they definitely help with my oreo cravings. You could make these plain by omitting the peppermint extract.  


Also a little tid bit for you. If you would like to find out your macros, follow this link: Jen Heward Macro Calculator



Follow the prompts to enter all of your data.


You will end with a screen like this. It will tell you the number of calories, fat, carbs, and protein you should eat in a day. 

I use the app on my phone called MyFitnesspal. It is free to download. Here is a link to their website: MyFitnessPal

When you enter all of the food you eat during the day, you should be close to these macros. I will share some little tips and tricks to calculating macros later. 

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer regarding macros in a future post. 


I hope you all have a wonderful day! 

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...