Tuesday, March 1, 2016

{Paleo Powder} & Fast Meal Prep

Hello beautiful cupcakes!

I had a goal for meal prep this week and that was to see if I could meal prep in an hour. I have never timed myself before, and many people have been asking how long it takes me to meal prep. 

Here was the goal for meal prep:

1) Cook chicken in the oven
2) Cut & cook potatoes in the oven
3) Cook asparagus in the oven
4) Cook turkey burgers in the oven
5) Cook lean ground turkey on the stove
6) Spiralize zucchini and cook on the stove
7) Cook eggs to go with my Paleo Spinach Tortillas

All in under an hour...

To cook the chicken
Pour some oil of choice onto a baking pan. Add Paleo Powder Pink to the top of the chicken and cook at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes. 


To cook the asparagus:
Chop the end of the asparagus off. Drizzle oil of choice onto baking sheet. Top with Paleo Powder Original. Cook in the oven (400 degrees) for 15 minutes or until tender.


To cook the ground turkey:
In a pan, add the ground turkey and top with Paleo Powder Salt Free. Cook over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and is cooked through. 


So at this point in my meal prep, I stopped taking pictures because I realized this was taking up time in my under an hour meal prep. 

To cook the potatoes

As a tip, I would start with the potatoes because they will probably take the longest to cook next to the chicken. So, chop up the potatoes how you like them. Add them to a pan that has been drizzled with the oil of your choice. Top with Paleo Powder Pink and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Then flip and return to the oven for 20 minutes. Cook until the potatoes are tender. 

To cook the 2 turkey burgers:

Drizzle oil of choice onto a small baking pan. Place the turkey burgers onto the pan and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the burgers are completely cooked through. *You always want to make sure you cook chicken and turkey fully to prevent you from getting sick*

To cook the zucchini

Wash the zucchini and cut both the ends off. I used 6 zucchinis. Next, use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add a drizzle of oil (your choice). Cook the noodles in three batches. Cook just until the noodles start to get tender. I don't like to overcook mine or else they will be mushy. 

To cook the eggs

In a pan over the stove, add a drizzle of oil. Next, add 2 eggs and scramble. Cook until the eggs are cooked through. Repeat this step until you have 5-7 days worth of eggs. 

Now the fun part... adding everything together into containers. 

Here is the layout of my meals:

Breakfast: Paleo Spinach Tortilla with 2 eggs and left over onion sautee. 

Lunch: Chicken with potatoes and asparagus

Dinner: Zucchini noodles with lean ground turkey or a turkey burger

I will also have 1-2 snacks during the day & LOTS of water.

Just another tip for you guys... I started to take L-Carnitine when I wake up in the morning on an empty stomach. This is to help drop some body fat to help make my abs more visible.  My goal for the next couple months is to be able to get back to my normal workout routine since I am now released from my walking boot (may or may not have done a small party/victory dance for myself). If anyone knows me personally, they know how much eating clean and working out means to me. The past couple months have really tested me, but I am so eager to get back into my routine and make more progress!

Okay.. rant over and back to meal prep.

Well, it was not quite an hour meal prep, but I managed to do all my dishes and clean up in this time as well. Total meal prep time: 1 hour 24 minutes. Not bad!



You may have noticed the new seasonings I was using for meal prep. I am in love with these! This was actually my first time using these Paleo Seasonings and I could not believe how much flavor they gave to my food. Paleo Powder is Paleo Certified and Whole30 approved. It is created in Austin, Texas by Dustin. Dustin truly cares about making clean seasonings & he personally eats Paleo and lost over 50 lbs! 

Paleo Powder is an all purpose seasoning with no MSG and no gluten.

If you would like to purchase some for yourself, follow this link: Paleo Powder Shop.

There are four flavors to chose from:

1) Paleo Powder Pink- made with Himalayan pink salt
2) Paleo Powder Original
3) Paleo Powder Salt Free
4) Paleo Powder Herbed 

I hope you all enjoyed this post. Comment below and let me know what you think! 

Here are some more questions for you:

1) What is your overall fitness and nutrition goal for the next two months?
2) What is your favorite exercise?

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...