Hello wonderful cupcakes!
So this recipe is not completely perfected yet, but these will do for now! They did not rise well, so I am still working on that part. Anyways, here is the recipe...
Ingredients for doughnuts:
- 1/2 c. Otto's Cassava Flour
- 1/4 c Arrowroot Flour
- 1/4 c Coconut Flour
- 1/4 c water
- 1 package of yeast
- 1/3 c Date Lady Caramel Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- About 1 c coconut oil for frying
For the frosting:
1. Heat 1/4 cup water in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add yeast and let sit for 10 minutes until water is frothy.
2. While yeast is activating, in a large bowl, beat egg. Add vanilla and stir.
3. Add in 1/4 cup of arrowroot flour, 1/4 cup of cassava flour, and 1/4 cup of coconut flour to the egg and vanilla mixture & stir until incorporated.
4. Add activated yeast and water to the batter and stir until combined
5.Heat the Date Lady Syrup until melted and add to the batter.
6. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of cassava flour slowly, stirring after each addition.
7. The batter should not be runny. If runny, add additional coconut flour 1 tsp. at a time & stir after each addition.
8. Place a towel over the large bowl with the batter. Set aside the bowl in a warm place and let rest for 30 minutes.
9. Once dough has risen, divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll into a ball, then flatten and roll into a long tube. Connect the end of each to make a circle.
10. Once all the doughnuts are formed, heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Oil should cover about 2/3 of the doughnut. Fry doughnuts 3 at a time, until lightly browned. Flip, and fry the other side until lightly browned.
11. Place doughnuts on a paper towel lined plate to cool before topping with frosting.
12. Repeat until all the doughnuts are done.
13. In a separate bowl, add the ingredients for the protein frosting. Add as much cashew milk as you would like (desired consistency). I probably used 1/4 cup of cashew milk. I like my frosting to be on the thicker side. You could also use more cashew milk to make it more of a protein glaze if you wanted.
14. Spread the protein frosting onto each doughnut.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Have a great week everyone.
"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."