Monday, March 7, 2016

{Protein Puppy Chow}

Hello cupcakes,



It's time for another edition of Motivational Mondays with my friend and fellow blogger Maddie Butterfield. Feel free to grab the graphic above and join us! 

If you follow me on Instagram{toriswholelife_bbg}, you may have recently saw a post about Protein Puppy Chow. Today, I want to share that recipe with you! 

I don't know about you guys, but I have a huge sweet tooth. I love to try to recreate some of my favorite childhood treats & make them healthier. This Protein Puppy Chow is super easy & way healthier than the original puppy chow. There's only 3 ingredients!


Ingredients:
Chex cereal
protein powder
almond butter

I decided to use chocolate chex, Nuzest vanilla protein powder (doesn't upset my stomach like most protein powders), & Target unsweetened almond butter


Directions:

In a large bowl, dump the amount of cereal you would like to use. I filled up my bowl about half way. Next, drizzle almond butter on top of cereal. I used about 2 T of almond butter. 


Stir the almond butter so that it coats all the cereal. 



Lastly, add 1-2 scoops of protein powder. Place the lid on the top of the bowl & shake until combined. 


Very simple! I am totally craving some of this right now. I can't wait to try this with some other flavors of chex & protein. What flavors would you use?


Let me know if you create this recipe!


Also, you can use the code "ToriF" for 15% off your {Nuzest} order. 

Here are some stats for 1/2 c chocolate chex, 1 T almond butter, & 1 scoop of Nuzest:

227 calories
10 g fat
23 g carbs
4 g fiber
7 g sugar
19 g protein

Compared to 1/2 c homemade puppy chow:

296 calories
13.7 g fat
41.6 g carbs
2 g fiber
27 g sugar
3 g protein

I'd say the stats of my puppy chow look a little more promising!

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 







2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! You amaze me with your creativity in the kitchen!! You go girl!! This stuff looks absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Maddie! You are so sweet! I really like it :) kills some of my sugar cravings for sure!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...