Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Adapting Recipes to meet your needs

Good Afternoon Cupcakes!

I wanted to let you in on a little secret today... you can adapt recipes! It is fun and exciting in my opinion. Here is a picture of the final product: gluten free, dairy free healthy cinnamon rolls!

Here is the originally recipe (sorry I took a photo from my parents' ipad so the quality isn't the greatest) Below I will post my version of the recipe...
As you can tell, this recipe is healthier than the normal cinnamon rolls. For my own preference, I wanted to make it healthier, so that I could enjoy it as my daily "treat."

Ingredients for filling:
-2 tsp cinnamon
-1-2 T of coconut oil (room temp.)
-a handful of walnuts
-1/2 c of dried plums (you could use dates, raisins, cranberries, etc. this is just what I had at home)
-2 T of brown sugar

 Combine all the ingredients in a bowl 

Ingredients for dough
-2 3/4 c of brown rice flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 c of almond milk add 1 tsp of  vinegar to almond milk 
-2 T of coconut oil, melted

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Once it forms into a dough like consistency, smash out dough onto a piece of parchment paper (dough is too sticky to roll out). Once the dough is smashed out to desired thickness, sprinkle the filling ingredients onto. Now it is time to try to roll the dough up. Warning** this part is very tricky so don't get discouraged if your rolls start to fall apart. Use the parchment paper to help you the best you can. As long as you get the dough to look like a log shape, you will be fine. Now cut the log into one inch thick cinnamon rolls. Place on a parachment lined baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees (F) for 10-15 minutes. 

I did not use any frosting for my cinnamon rolls, but if you want to then go for it!

Today's workout was weights at the gym for about 30-40 minutes followed by 50 minutes of interval cardio. Today's Yoga video is linked here: DAY 19 OF YOGA 

Just checking in with my food plan; it has been going decently well. I like to be 100% honest, so I have not stuck to the plan all the way, but I am getting better each day! It's a process and it takes time. I'm in it for the long run! 

That's all I have for today!

Later Taters :D  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...