Tuesday, March 17, 2015

New recipe

Good morning!!

Yesterday I was sooooo hungry when I got home from class, so I decided I needed a healthy snack. I whipped up some protein cookies (this made me go over a tad on my macros for the day, but I wanted to listen to my body). Below is the nutritional information for each cookie as well as a second picture of the ingredients that I used. 

Directions:
In a food processor (or blender) add 2 oz of almonds and grind until desired consistency (mine was a little chunkier than almond flour because I like to have some almond pieces in my cookies). Next add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it reaches dough consistency (you may need to add more almond milk or more egg whites if the dough is too stiff). Place on a baking sheet-I used aluminum foil for easier clean up. Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy! I use SunWarrior Natural Protein Powder because I do not like artificial ingredients. You could try using different protein powders or adding in other ingredients such as dairy free chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, pumpkin instead of a banana, dates, honey, etc. The list goes on and on. Of course this will change the calorie counts and macros a bit.

Here is some motivation for you today. I read this Instagram photo this morning while I was on the stairclimber, and I found it very inspirational. 

I hope you all have a safe and happy St. Patty's Day!

Later Taters!

P.S. add some spinach to a protein smoothie today to get festive :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...