Saturday, August 29, 2015

Healthy Paleo Pumpkin Cookies

Good evening cupcakes! 
Tonight I was in the mood to bake! I had leftover dates and coconut flour I wanted to experiment with. I decided to try to make some healthy cookies! 

Here is how I made them:

In a food processor, add 1 cup of whole dates, pitted. Process until a paste forms. The paste will be sticky. Next add two tablespoons of coconut oil and blend until combined. The oil will still be a little separated from the date paste. Add in the inside pods of 1/2 a vanilla bean, 1 T of ground flaxseeds, 1 small personal size unsweetened applesauce, and 1/2 c coconut flour. Blend until combined. If dough is too sticky, add more coconut flour until it is a good dough texture. Roll into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press down cookies with a fork to make marks in them like a peanut butter cookie. Bake in a preheat 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. I topped mine with my cashew pumpkin frosting. These cookies turned out better than the pumpkin cinnamon rolls in my opinion! 


I hope you all enjoy your weekend. Remember to be thankful for the little things in life! 

Later taters <3

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...