Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Tori's Whole Life

Hellooooo!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! Hold in there, it's almost the weekend!

Tuesday night I went shopping with my youngest sister and our cousin. For dinner I picked up some Chipotle. I ordered online and it was super easy! They had it ready when I got there and I just walked up to the register to get it. I ordered a salad with fajita veggies, chicken, roasted corn salsa, and fresh salsa. 
The sunset on the drive back was beautiful! 
Wednesday morning I decided to make my banana pancakes and I rolled them up to look like a crepe. I topped it with homemade almond butter and berries. I can't get enough of this combo lately. 
Wednesday afternoon I was a little bored, so I decided to experiment in the kitchen. I started off by making a crust type thing by using my food processor. I added about 3/4 - 1 c of cashews blended into cashew flour, about 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce, a dash of cinnamon, and 1 egg. I spread the "dough- but kinda more runny" out onto a greased foil line pie pan. I used coconut oil to grease the pan. I placed this in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees. Keep an eye on the crust and take it out when it is no longer runny. While that is baking, I cut up 3 apples into thin pieces. I placed them in a microwave vegetable steamer that my mother has and put the microwave on the fresh vegetable setting. You could also cook these in a pan with some coconut oil. While both of those are cooking, I blended 1/3 c walnuts in a food processor until crumbly. I added a few dashes of cinnamon and 1 T of coconut oil to the walnuts and pulsed until blended. It should look kind of crumbly. Once the crust is done, line it with the baked apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with the walnut crumbles. If you wanted to make this a little sweeter, you could add some date paste, honey, or other sweetener to the batter of the crust and walnut mixture. I am trying to stay away from added sugar, so I chose to make mine without. When I ate my piece, I warmed up the slice of apple pie in a bowl and dumped some almond coconut milk on top! So good!
Here is what the pie looks like sliced. 
For dinner I had some more zucchini noodles or as they are called .... ZOODLES. Can you guys tell I am obessed with zoodles lately? I love how you can make them into so many different things. This batch has lean ground turkey, red peppers, kale, green onions, and herbs/spices. 

If you have an instagram, please follow my instagram food account! I post all of my food prior to blogging about them! my instagram name is @toriswholelife
Peace! Later Taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...