Sunday, August 23, 2015

Meal Prep and Plan

Good afternoon cupcakes!

Today I am prepping food for the week ahead. I will be using my crock pot meal I made this weekend (link here: Crock Pot Meal) for lunch or dinner. I also made some cilantro lime chicken burgers that I will have with some plantain chips and cashews and this will be for lunch or dinner too. Tonight I will be making a smoothie to have in the morning. The smoothie will have hemp protein powder, spirulina, banana, berries, and hemp milk. I also always carry snacks with me in case I get hungry between meals. I have Trader Joe's pure fruit bars (featured in this blog post: Fruit Bars) and Larabars. Later this week I will probably cook up some eggs to have for breakfast. 

Pictured below are some zucchini noodles I made using a spiralizer I purchased from amazon. I used coconut oil, pink himalayan salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper. I like to top mine with some hot sauce. To spruce up the noodles you can add many different things. For example: lean ground turkey with tomato paste, parsley, & garlic or you could make chicken and add avocado, cherry tomatoes, & cilantro or you could add eggs, bacon, green onions, and peppers. Really there are no limits with these zucchini noodles. Make sure your zucchinis are not squishy because they will not work well in the spiralizer. 

I also like to have something on hand for when I am craving sweets. I sliced up 3 little bananas and topped with a dollop of cashew butter. I added raisins to some and unsweetened coconut to all the banana slices. I popped these into the freezer. Once they are frozen I will transfer them to a plastic bag for easier storage in the freezer.
So hopefully this gives you all some inspiration to meal prep and prepare for the week ahead. I used to track my macros, but I am currently just listening to my body and eating when I am hungry. I eat clean foods and mostly stick to a whole30 plan. 

This morning I did a shoulder workout in my apartment using the Nike Training App on my phone. I also added in some of my own shoulder workout. Then an hour later I went to the gym and did an interval run on the treadmill for 30  minutes. Tonight I will be doing this Yoga video: Balancing Flow

Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to comment below!

Later Taters <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...