Monday, July 27, 2015

Food!

Hello my little cupcakes!

I wanted to catch you all up on some food from the past couple days. While on my two week vacation in Charlotte, I have been trying to eat as clean and attempting to eat as close to Whole30 as possible. Cory and I went out to eat in uptown Charlotte Friday night. We went to Rock Bottom Brewery. I ordered a half chicken, fresh fruit, and a side salad without dressing or cheese. The chicken was BOMB! Cory said it tasted like Nelsons chicken from back home (Indiana). It was so much food though and I couldn't finish it all. 
Cory had cajun shrimp and steak with black beans, mashed potatoes, and green beans. 
Sunday afternoon I was hungry and wanted to get a little creative in the kitchen. I have not had pizza in a long time since I cannot have dairy and try to stay away from gluten. I had some almond flour left, so I used that to make a pizza crust. I used two eggs and enough almond flour to get a dough like consistency. I also added garlic powder and pink Himalayan sea salt. I smashed the dough out onto nonstick foil and placed in the oven at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on the crust because it cooks pretty fast. I took the crust out of the oven and topped with a vinegar based bbq sauce (no sugar in the ingredients!), prosciutto, chives, and homemade guac. I placed the pizza in the oven for a few minutes to get warm. Let me tell you what...this hit the spot! I made Cory try some of it and he said he approves! He said to put that one in the win category lol. So I have decided I will be making some pizzas for dinner this week!
For dinner Sunday Cory and I grilled some pork chops and mushrooms with red onion. I microwaved the sweet potatoes and put a little coconut oil on top. The seasoning on the pork chops is whole30 approved! 
This morning I made a trip to my all time favorite store... TRADER JOE'S! I am so in love with this grocery store and I cannot wait to move to Charlotte so I can shop there all the time. The food they have their is so unique and they have a lot of healthy foods. The prices are pretty cheap and the staff is so friendly! I absolutely love it. This morning I bought eggs, prosciutto, bananas, chicken burgers, tomato paste, olive tamponade, unsweetened blueberry green tea, chopped veggie mix, a pineapple, spicy chicken sausages, raisins, fruit bars, unsweetened cinnamon applesauce, green beans, mushrooms, avocados, plantain chips, almond meal, unsweetened coconut, maple water, and coconut water. Stay tuned this week for some more posts about the meals I will be making with this stuff! :) 

Peace out! Later Taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...