Hello there cupcakes!
Who loves muffins as much as I do? I also love bananas, so what's better than combining the two to make some healthy banana muffins? These muffins are gluten free, dairy free, and the only added sugar is honey! Boom! Mission accomplished. P.S. there is a discount code at the bottom of the post for you to get yourself some Tigernut Flour!
Let me first start off by telling you about the flour I used to make these muffins. It's called Tigernut flour. Follow this link to get some for yourself: Tigernut Flour. Have you heard of it? If not, let me tell you a little about it.
- Tigernuts have a nutty and slightly sweet flavor
- Tigernuts are actually a small root vegetable, not a nut.
- Tigernuts are the #1 whole food source of resistant starch
- Its an essential prebiotic fiber that resists human digestion and becomes fuel for probiotics
- Originated in the Mediterranean and North Africa
- Compromised 80 % of our paleo ancestors diet
- Tigernuts are full of nutrients
- As much iron as red meat
- As much potassium as coconut water
- High levels of magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, vitamin C, & vitamin E
- High in fiber (1 ounce has 40% of your recommended fiber intake)
Here is Organic Gemini's Tigernut Flour:
Would you like some Tigernut Flour for yourself? Here is the link to Organic Gemini's flour: Tigernut Flour
I also tried out Organic Gemini's Tiger Nut Snacks
Here is what the tigernut snacks look like:
Would you like some Tigernut snacks for yourself? Here is a link to the website where you can get yourself some of these: Tigernut Snacks
I will be taking these to school and work with me! They taste a little nutty and have a surprisingly sweet taste as well. Perfect for snacking! Plus they are full of important vitamins and minerals.
Organic Gemini also has other Tigernut products: Tigernut Raw Granola, Sliced Tigernut Raw Snacks, Peeled Tigernut Raw Snack, Tigernut Horchata, Bulk Tigernuts, & Tigernut oil.
Here is a cool, inspirational story about how the company started: Mariam & George's story
This is one of the few companies that truly care about the health of their consumers. There needs to be more companies like this in the world. Thanks Organic Gemini. Your team ROCKS!
Here is my recipe using Organic Gemini's Tigernut Flour.
Healthy Tigernut Banana Muffins:
- 1 1/2 c. tigernut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalyan salt
- 3 large bananas
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & place muffin liners into a muffin pan
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium to large size bowl
- Add bananas to a food processor and process until smooth
- Add egg, coconut oil, vanilla, & honey to the food processor and process until combined and smooth
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Here is what it looks like:
- Next, stir until mixture is combined. Here is what the batter looks like:
- Scoop the batter into the pre-lined muffin pan. I made 11 muffins from this batter.
- Place the pan in the oven once it is preheated and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean
Here is what they look like when they are finished:
They are so fluffy and delicious.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is a pretty simple recipe and the outcome is amazing. I ate two of them after I was done baking them. They make a perfect snack or breakfast. Tigernut flour is the fluffiest gluten free flour I have baked with! I will be using this again... for SURE!
Here is the link to get yourself some Tigernut flour to make this recipe: Tigernut Flour. Here is a discount code to get 15% off your order: "HealthyFlour"
Peace out...Later Taters!
"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."