Sunday, December 13, 2015

Healthy Pizza

Good morning cupcakes!

Yesterday I had a perfect idea...Healthy Pizza! This pizza is dairy free, gluten free, & paleo. You can also create it however you would like by adding your own topping ideas.


Ingredients for pizza dough:
3/4 c Almond flour 
1/4 c arrowroot flour 
1/8 c cassava flour 
1 egg
1/4 c water 
2 T coconut oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1/4 tsp baking soda 

Directions:

Pan fry your toppings to give them flavor. I chose apples and healthy chicken sausage because that is what I had in my fridge. Get creative! You can make whatever kind of pizza you would like. 



Next, combine the pizza dough ingredients.  This is what mine looked like:


Here is the pizza toppings once they were cooked. I added some pieces of turkey bacon. 


I used a 1/3-1/2 container of tomato paste for the pizza sauce. I stay away from those pre-made pizza sauces because they have added ingredients, such as sugar, that I do not want to consume. I love the flavor of tomato paste. 


Spread the pizza dough onto a baking sheet or pizza pan. I lined mine with parchment paper for easier clean up. Next, I placed the dough into a preheated oven (400 degrees) for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is fully cooked. Here is what it looked like after baking:


I spread the tomato paste on top of the crust.Then, I added the toppings onto the tomato paste. I think this combination of pizza toppings would be awesome with some onion and avocado!


Lastly, place the pizza in the oven (400 degrees) for 5-10 minutes. Here is the final product:


My pizza made 4 slices.


I think this would make a great appetizer for some holiday parties or relaxing weekend nights. I ate mine while watching Christmas movies last night!

I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday!

Later Taters!
"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...