Monday, December 14, 2015

Healthy Chocolate Cake with Protein Frosting

Hello cupcakes!

This week is finals week for me at graduate school. My roommates and I have been studying our butts off, so I wanted to make something tasty and delicious for us to enjoy last night. My goal was to make something that was a treat, but also make it as healthy as I could. I came up with the idea of creating a healthy brownie. I also have been dying to use my Bodylogix chocolate protein powder for something. Here are the stipulations I had to work with: the treat had to be-

1) Dairy free
2) Gluten free
3) Free of tree nuts
4) Vegetarian

I can't have dairy and I try to stay away from gluten. My roommate cannot have tree nuts and she is also a vegetarian. 

It turned out to be more of a cake than a brownie, but it was still BOMB!

Here was the final product:


Now... who wants the recipe?

Ingredients:
-2 eggs
-1/4 c. of olive oil
-1/4 c. honey
-1/4 c. dark chocolate cocoa powder
-1/4 c. cassava flour
-1/4 c. coconut flour
-1/4 c. arrowroot flour
-1/4 tsp cream of tartar
-1/4 tsp baking soda

Directions:
Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Next, add the honey and olive oil and combine. Add the dry ingredients and stir together. If the batter is too think, you can add some unsweetened milk of choice (almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, etc.). If the batter is too thin, you can add more flour a little bit at a time (whichever kind you choose). Grease a small pan and spoon the batter into the pan. Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the cake is set up. 

While the cake is baking, you can make the frosting.

Ingredients:
-Bodylogix Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
-milk of choice (I used unsweetened soy milk so that my roommate could eat it) 

Directions:
Place 2 scoops of the protein powder into a bowl. Add 2-4 T of milk and stir until combined. If the frosting is too thick, add more milk 1 T at a time until desired consistency is reached. If the frosting is too runny, add 1/2 scoop of protein powder and  stir to combine. The consistency should be thick and fluffy like frosting. 

Let the cake cool, and then spread the frosting on top. 

This made 6 slices of cake. 

If you would like more information about the protein powder I used, check out this blog post: Bodylogix Vegan Chocolate Protein

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...