Thursday, December 31, 2015

Simple Mills Paleo Cake

Hello cupcakes!

I shared a picture of my healthy cake on my social media sites a day or two ago, so I am excited to finally share the recipe with you. I received both the pizza dough mix and the vanilla cake mix from Simple Mills. Here is a link to their website: Simple Mills. If you would like to know more about the ingredients used in the mixes, follow this link: Simple Mills Ingredients. If you would like to know more about the Simple Mills team, follow this link: Simple Mills Team. Simple Mills also has a store locator on their website. You can follow this link:Simple Mills Store Locator. Now on to the fun part & my favorite part... BAKING!


Let me show you the Vanilla Cake Mix box: 


The cake is, once again, very simple to make. There are only 4 ingredients you need to add to the mix to make the cake: eggs, oil, water, and vanilla. 


Here is the ingredients label. This mix is gluten free, grain free, soy free, dairy free, GMO free, refined sugar free, & free of emulsifiers and gums. Check out that ingredient list on the mix. There is only 6 ingredients and I personally know the name of each ingredient. This is something I look for when buying packaged foods. 


Step 1: Gather ingredients & baking supplies. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.



Step 2: Measure ingredients


Step 3: Mix wet ingredients. I decided to try using coconut oil to make my cake, so that is why you see some chunks in the mixture (this will cook out when baked).


Step 4: Add vanilla cake mix to wet ingredients and stir to combine.


Step 5: Scoop batter into a prepared baking dish & place pan into preheated oven.


Step 6: Bake cake according to box directions. 


Step 7: Let the cake cool and top with desired toppings. I decided to make my cake colorful and I added different fruits to the top of the cake. Next time I think I will frost it with a protein frosting before topping with fruit. 


Tip: To make your cake last longer (if you have leftovers), keep the cake stored in the refrigerator. 


How cute is this cake? So delicious now makes a diary free whipped topping that would be bomb on top of this cake! Here is a link you can follow to purchase some cake mix for yourself: Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix

I think this cake mix is definitely a win in my books. I love the simplicity of the mix as well as the healthy ingredients used. I don't feel bad about eating this cake. The cake comes out spongy and not overly sweet. I give it a 9 out of 10. This is the best dairy free, gluten free cake mix I have ever tried. 

What is your favorite holiday treat?

Later Taters

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...