Saturday, December 20, 2014

Homemade Beef Jerky

Two days ago my boyfriend and I decided to make homemade beef jerky. I found a recipe on pinterest that I thought we could try. 


Here is a screen shot of the marinade recipe we used. We did not add fish sauce. Combine all of this in a bowl. Meanwhile, allow the meat to set in the freezer for about 60-90 minutes so that you can cut the meat. Once frozen, cut into thin strips (about 1/4 in.). Place the meat  in a large bowl and pour the marinade over top. Mix with your hands, and then place into a gallon zip lock baggie. Let it sit in the fridge overnight, Then next morning or afternoon I placed our meat onto two dehydrators. Then were on the dehydrators for about 20-24 hours. You can also bake the meat in the oven for 6-8 hours on 170 degrees (F) turning half way through. After the jerky is done, allow it to air out for about 24 hours. I am going to store ours in the fridge. 

I did cardio this morning at the gym and I have Christmas with my boyfriend's family tonight! I will give you all some tips tomorrow about how to survive holiday get togethers. 

Later Taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...