Today's workout for me will again be 30 minutes of the stair climber and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Go hard if you are doing cardio. You should be breathing heavy and feel the burn. I like to make motivational workout playlists on spotify to keep me going. I will also be doing some leg and ab workout videos:
Ab workout on a stability ball (run this 3 times)
My meal plan for today looks like this:
Breakfast: cinnamon raisin french toast (recipe)
Post workout: 1 cup of unsweetend almond milk with a serving of plant fusion protein powder with celery and carrots
Lunch: salad (lots of vegetables and homemade dressing) with 3-4 oz of lean protein
Snack: 1 banana and 24 almonds
Dinner: salad (lots of vegetables and homemade dressing) with 3-4 oz. of lean protein
Snack (if hungry): apple
Other tips for a slim waist:
1) Drink green tea.
2) Limit added sugars and unhealthy carbs (white bread, pasta, white flour, etc.)
3) Drink lots of water. It is important to drink a big glass of water when you first wake up because your body just went without water the whole time your were sleeping.
4) Important for me: limit your baking or else do not eat all of the batter while you are baking.
5) Get sleep! This is very important because as an adult we need 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Sleep helps to speed up your fat burn. When you do not get enough sleep, you will crave less healthy food.
6) Do not skip meals. This slows your metabolism. It is especially important to eat breakfast. There are people that say they are not hungry when they wake up. You can train your body to be hungry when you wake up! Try not eating as close to bed time. Start off by eating a banana within 30-60 minutes of waking. Then build up to a more complete breakfast overtime.
7) Hold yourself accountable or have some goal in mind. Sometimes it is helpful to have a buddy that is trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and then you can keep each other accountable. I like to take progress pictures. Hang the jeans you would like to fit into in a visible place.
8) Find healthier swaps for some of your favorite foods. For example, if you love french fries cut up sweet potatoes and bake them in the oven.
That is all I have for today!
PEACE! Later taters!