Sunday, December 7, 2014

Weekend Thoughts

Random

I just thought I would give you guys some tips for meal prep! Here is a link to pinterest full of meal prep ideas: Clean Meal Prep



Do something little each day to show appreciation for someone who means the world to you! For example, if they usually drink coffee in the mornings, make them coffee before they get out of bed. Let me tell you...Little things mean the most! Small acts of kindness add up. A couple weeks ago my boyfriend left flowers on my bed so when I came home from a long day of work and class I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me. This made my whole week! So I challenge you to do small things for someone important to you this week.

I believe in treating yourself. For this reason, I like to try to bake something healthy for myself each week to include in my meal plan. Usually this is some type of cookie. I like to experiment in the kitchen and try to make my own recipes with my favorite ingredients. Some attempts have been major fails, others have turned out fantastic. Since I usually do not measure ingredients when experimenting, I have included some links for some cookies I would include in my weekly meals. I am really trying to work on portion control with these "healthy treats." I also change recipes when they call for something that is a dairy product (for example, dairy free dark chocolate in place of regular chocolate chips).

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Avocado Pistachio Muffins

No Bake Brownie Bites

Today my creation involved these ingredients: raisins, almonds, chickpeas, and egg whites. I use my food processor all the time to mix up my recipes. I also love to make homemade nut butters (walnut, pecan, cashew, peanut, and almond butters) in my food processor. These would make great gifts for Christmas!

How to make homemade nut butter

That's all she wrote for today! Peace out!

Later taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...