#1 Paleo Pizza
For the Crust:
1 Head of Cauliflower, Steamed (should yield about 2 cups if grated first)
1/2 Cup of Almond Meal
1 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil, Melted
1 Tsp. of Italian Seasoning
For the Toppings:
Pizza Sauce (I used a mixture of tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, and basil)
3 Small Zucchini, Shredded/Grated
White Mushrooms, Sliced
Pineapple, Chopped (I only put this on half for my girls =])
You can use whatever toppings you like, these are just the ones I used.
1. Shred/grate your zucchini and spread it out on a cutting board or something similar, cover with a paper towel and set aside. If you can do this an hour or two before you start making your pizza it would be best.
2. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and grease a baking sheet/pizza pan with a little coconut oil. I placed a piece of parchment paper on my pizza pan just in case it would stick.
3. Put your steamed cauliflower, almond meal, eggs and melted coconut oil in a food processor and blend the mixture until it looks like the photo above. I put my cauliflower in the food processor right when it was done steaming so it was hot. This is one of the things I might toy with. I was worried my eggs would start to cook, but they were fine. Also, I think the baking time might be less if the cauliflower was cooled when I mixed everything, but again something I might mess with in the future.
4. Pour mixture onto your baking pan and pat into a circle.
5. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and bake for 20 minutes checking occasionally to make sure the edges aren't burning. I removed the parchment paper after 15 minutes because I wanted the bottom to crisp up too. It slid right off.
6. After it's done baking, it might be a little "mushy" feeling still, but that's okay since it'll be going back in. Top with your pizza sauce (pesto would be really good too) and zucchini then whatever other toppings you want.
7. Bake for another 10 minutes.
#2 Egg Bake
Eggs- I used 8 whole eggs
mini peppers, chopped
red onion, chopped
whatever other add ins, ex: ham, bacon, spinach, mushrooms
Mix all together and dump into a foil lined 9X9 in pan. You can also use muffin cups so they are already portioned
Bake in the oven 375 degrees (F) for 20-30 minutes or until eggs are completely set (depends on pan size)
#3 Turkey Burgers with zucchini buns (I do not have a recipe for this one, but I can tell you what I use)
Lean ground turkey
chopped red onion
-mix all together and pat into patties (whatever size you want) then grill, fry, or bake
-grill or pan fry the zucchini and season with whatever you would like (I used fresh ground pepper and sea salt)
You can add what ever you want onto of the burgers (mustard, ketchup, tomatoes, etc.)
#4 Sweet potato fries
I cut up 4-6 sweet potatoes and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Top with cinnamon (or whatever you prefer) and bake in the oven 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Take out of the oven and flip over. Continue baking until tender (about 15-25 more minutes)
#5 Avocado Corn Salsa
What kind of recipes would you guys like me to share more of? Main dishes, vegetables, desserts, etc. Comment below and let me know!
Here is the link to today's Yoga video:YOGA DAY 11
I also did my hour cardio and here are my inner thigh videos I completed: INNER THIGH CHALLENGE #1 AND INNER THIGH CHALLENGE #2