Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Meal Prep & how to make the perfect green smoothie

Good afternoon cupcakes!

Meal prepping for the week today! Here is some of the things I am working on...

1) Brown rice spaghetti with diced tomatoes, spinach, garlic and onion powder, dried parsley, and scrambled eggs- this is going to be a mini portion and used as a snack between meals

2) quinoa seasoned with chipotle chili pepper, 1 egg cooked sunny side up, sauteed mushrooms, salsa, and spinach

3) tilapia cooked with coconut oil and mrs dash seasoning, oven cooked zucchini and asparagus

4) oven baked sweet potato slices with cinnamon

5) I also used my food processor and made date paste (just dried whole dates with hot water) and I made my own almond butter (just oven roasted almonds in a food processor). Then I layered the date paste and put the almond butter on top. I froze this until it was hard enough to cut. Then I cut into bite size pieces. I use this when I have a sweet tooth and I just pull one out of the freezer. I think of it as dessert.

6) I bought stuff to make smoothies too!

7) lots of other veggies that I bought to eat when I get hungry. I also bought hummus to dip some carrots in

As you can see, I added eggs back into my diet this weekend. I also eliminated peanuts because I think I may have an intolerance to them. They more I consumed throughout last week, I noticed my acid reflux getting worse and my bloating coming back. I am so excited to have eggs back though!!

Today I am not able to make it to the gym since I am back at school and it is snowing like crazy, so here is my workout for today: (reminder that my shoulder is still hurt, so I modify the moves. If you ever injure yourself it is important to modify moves so that you do not make the injury worse. Give your body time to heal. If you do a move and you feel a sharp pain, stop! There is a difference between an injured pain and pain from lactic acid build up)

click this link to follow this at home workout ...Kettle Toning and Love your body with kettlebells

SO.. many people see a green smoothie and think "GROSS, EWWW, ICKK, I am not drinking that! It will not taste good!" Well, I am here to tell you that green smoothies do taste good if you make them right! Here is an article that tells you more :How to make the perfect green smoothie

I personally like smoothies better than juicing because I get all the fiber from the fruits and vegetables in a smoothie. They are fast and easy to make, and they fill you up!I start with 1-2 cups of coconut milk, coconut water, or soy milk (unsweetened for all) then add 1-2 cups of spinach, 1/2-1 banana (frozen works best but it is okay if it is not frozen. Once your bananas turn brown, stick them in tupperware or ziplock bag and place in the freezer until you are ready to use). Next add 1/4-1/2c of frozen berrie, 1 T ground flaxseeds and 1 T chia seeds.

Here is another recipe:
  • 2 cups coconut water
  • 2 cups spinach 
  • 1 frozen banana 
  • 1/2 tbsp FM Superfood Greens 
  • 1 tsp maca powder 
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla 
I like to make my smoothies the night before because I do not like to wake my roommates up to a load noise in the morning. 

That is all I have for today! Is there anything anyone would like me to talk about this week on my blog? If so, comment below. I love answering your questions!

Later Taters!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...