Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day 22 Whole30- workout

Good afternoon cupcakes!

This morning was my first weekend staying in my apartment since I moved in 6 weeks ago! I've been on the go, so this weekend it has been nice to relax and take my time doing things. This morning I slept in. I heated up my breakfast consisting of eggs, peppers, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and avocado (my last prepped meal from last weekend's prep). I let my food settle for about an hour and then headed to my apartment gym. 

I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew my shins needed a break from interval running on the treadmill. I decided to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes. When I got 10 minutes into my walk, I had a burst of energy. I decided to do burpees for 30 seconds at every 1 minute interval. So I did this for about 10 minutes and then finished the last 10 minutes walking fast. 

After that, I decided to do some HIIT work. I started a circuit consisting of 30 jumping jacks, 15 bench jumps,10 each side of bench step ups, and 10 burpees. I did this for 3 rounds.
Bench hops

bench step ups


Next I used a resistance band to do inner thigh and butt work. I put the resistance band under my feet and side stepped to one side of the gym and back for 3 rounds. 
This is what the side step looks like, but I did not have this type of resistance band. I had the one pictured below, so that's why I put the band under my feet and held the resistance band hand straps up by my shoulders. 


Next I did some lower ab work. I did a 10 leg raises on a decline bench (first picture below) and then 8 reps of straight leg ups on the equipment pictured below (second picture). 






About 45 minutes- 1 hour post gym, I was feeling hungry but also wanted something light. I decided to make a bowl of some fruits and carrots and homemade nut butter. 


I have some lovely graduate school projects to work on all day... four more week until I have a month break. I am soooooo in need of a break. 

Later taters!

1 comment:

  1. Day 14

    Exercise: 30 min running, 49 min walking my dog

    Breakfast: 1/2 avocado, 2 eggs, blueberries
    Lunch: salmon, sweet potato
    Snack: apple slices
    Dinner: chicken, sweet potato, roasted brussel sprouts
    Snack: 1 hardboiled egg, banana


    I want to make the larabars!! I am so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...