Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day One of the Ultra Simple Diet

Good evening cupcakes!

Today was my first day on the Ultra Simple Diet. Here is a link to the overview of The Ultra Simple Diet created by Dr. Hyman : Ultra Simple Diet

This is what today looked like for me:
-I woke up and made green tea with the juice of one lemon. I took two capsules of Vitamin C, three capsules of a supplement made of fish oil, borage oil, and flax oil, and a probiotic
-Next I drank the Ultra Simple Shake: 1/4 c silken tofu, 1/2 c of unsweetened soy milk, berries, 2 T ground flax seeds, and water to reach desired consistency (blended in my bullet)
-I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3.8 mph with a 5 incline
-First snack was 1 c. of Ultra Broth (recipe )
-Lunch was 2 c. of steamed vegetables and 1/2 c brown rice with a capsule of magnesium citrate and a multivitamin
-Snack 2 was 2 T of homemade almond butter, 1/2 c soy milk, berries, and water and 1 c of Ultra Broth
-Dinner was 2 c steamed vegetables, 4-6 oz of chicken breast, 1/2 c brown rice and one capsule of magnesium citrate
- I did 20 minutes of yoga and 10 minutes of an arm workout
-Took a 15 minute Epson salt hot bath at night
-I also drank water throughout the day

Overall, I am very satisfied with day one of this diet. I feel healthier (less bloated) and I like having a plan to stick to. I am excited to see what the next six days will bring. The Epson salt bath will be very beneficial to me once school starts and will help me unwind after long days of graduate school in clinical mental health counseling. I am also hoping to reduce my symptoms of IBS, acid reflux, and bloating as well as drop a few pounds around my waist for a wedding I am going to be in this year. BRING ON 2015!

Later Taters!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...