Friday, January 23, 2015

FRIDAY!

Today I am grocery shopping and meal prepping! WHOOP!

Today's workout videos:
Bikini Yoga
30 min. full body
30 m in. body weight exercises

Today's goal is to find new small snacks to tie me over between my four meals. I am thinking one of the snacks will be pre-portioned almond or peanut butter with carrots and another snack throughout the week may be apples with peanut butter (homemade) or almond butter (also homemade). I am trying to eliminate my need to bake all the time for my snacks because most of the time the snacks I bake involve adding something like mini diary free chocolate chips or things that I do not want to be consuming because they do not settle well in my stomach. Once I make these things they disappear way too fast. One reason is because I am not logging my food since I started the Ultra Simple Diet because the days are mostly the same food intake. The slacking comes in when I do not have prepped snacks to hold me over (=New game plan for this week). I froze all of my baked goodies so that I have to defrost one when I need something sweet. There are always ways to try to improve yourself.

My overall goal to reach by this summer is to be able to see my abs again! What is your longer term goal? Comment below and let me know!



In doing some research I have found that a sustainable and healthy body fat percentage for men where you can see their abs is 10-12%. For women, 15-17% can be on the low end. Hips, butt and thighs have less shape because of the low body fat. The article says that 20-22% body fat for women is usually considered the "fit" category. You can read more following the link below.

Why the difference between men and women? Women have more fat in breast tissue and the area surrounding the uterus. This level of body fat is not considered safe, or healthy for women who will be unable to menstruate.

Here is the link: Body Fat Percentages

Another article I found that says men need to be below 9% body fat to see their abs and women below 15%          Here is the link: Body Fat Percentages 2

I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend!

Later Taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...