Monday, January 12, 2015

Question of the day

I am so excited to answer my first question. Here is the question:

Hey! Could you post about cravings and weighing yourself? I feel like I weigh myself more than a normal person should be, and sometimes my weight is 3-5 higher for a few days! What the heck?! I'm sure it is water wright, but it seriously makes me incredibly disappointed and frustrated. I eat healthy and workout, treat myself at times, but why does my weight spike when I treat myself? I have never had this problem, so I am not sure what the issue is here.

First off, I do not own a scale. I was never diagnosed, but I know that I had some eating disorder tendencies when I was younger. This is why I do not like to weigh myself. I track my progress by taking progress pictures and seeing how my clothes fit and feel on me. I think it can be mentally unhealthy to weigh ourselves multiple times a day. If you do want to continue to weigh yourself, I suggest just once a week. I know that there is pressure to be thin, I understand and completely feel that. I just think that the way we feel mentally and physically is way more important than the number on the scale. Weight fluctuation is completely normal for us. For women, our weight fluctuates with the time of the month (if you know what I mean ;) ). Our hormones make us hold on to more water weight at certain times. This is another reason I do not like to weigh myself. Just like in the question, it is discouraging.  As far as treating yourself, your body probably does store excess water after a treat because that treat may not be the healthiest thing for your body. I am not saying that you should never treat yourself, but maybe do not weigh yourself for a few days after your treat. Also, weighing yourself at the same time is important. For example if you decide to weigh yourself on a Monday every week, then weigh yourself every Monday morning. Your weigh fluctuates throughout the day too because we put food and water into our bodies so that we have energy to function. Another reason you could be holding onto more weight may be due to a food allergy or intolerance. If you have read my previous posts you know that I started the Ultra Simple Diet. Before this, I felt unhappy and disappointed in myself. I felt that I had gained weight and I always felt bloated. I did not know that I had a food allergy/intolerance. Now that I have eliminated these food groups, I feel happier, healthier, and leaner. You may want to consider finding out if you have one. Our metabolism also starts to slow the older we get. This is why we cannot eat as much as we could when we were in middle school or high school. Most of us are done growing.  I hope this posts helps answer your question. Let me know if you have any follow up questions for me!

My advice overall, do not weigh yourself (it gets discouraging and people become obsessed with it). Instead take progress pictures for yourself. Also find out if you have a food allergy or intolerance (I have previous posts about the Ultra Simple Diet- by the way I am not affiliated with this by any means, but I would recommend this to anyone because it has helped me tremendously). 

Peace out! Later Taters

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...